Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 VB Download [School]
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
qmanjr5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:18 am   Post subject: VB Download [School]

Can someone help me out and give a download link to VB that I can use at school? It blocks a lot of download sites.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Euphoracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:31 am   Post subject: RE:VB Download [School]

If your school doesn't have VB, you probably shouldn't be downloading it.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:32 am   Post subject: RE:VB Download [School]

Microsoft offerse an express version for free:

http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2008-Visual-Basic

However as Euphoracle pointed out, your school will not likey be happy with you installing programs with out there permission.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
qmanjr5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 am   Post subject: RE:VB Download [School]

Okay, well, I'll try that, and if it don't work, I'll let you know.

By the way, is there any way to have a portable version of VB? I heard you could? I was thinking of installing it straight to my USB stick, but I'm not sure if that would work properly...

EDIT: COMPLETELY OFF-TOPIC: How do I check why I have -1 karma?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 am   Post subject: Re: RE:VB Download [School]

qmanjr5 @ 24th March 2010, 10:07 am wrote:

By the way, is there any way to have a portable version of VB? I heard you could? I was thinking of installing it straight to my USB stick, but I'm not sure if that would work properly...

Fastest way to find out would be trying to install it on the USB stick and seeing if it works in a diffrent computer.

Also a quick google search finds some versions of VB that might be what you need, however they likey break US copy right law and can't be posted or linked to here.

qmanjr5 wrote:

EDIT: COMPLETELY OFF-TOPIC: How do I check why I have -1 karma?

You can't, other users give you negtive or postive karma as they see fit.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
qmanjr5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:46 am   Post subject: RE:VB Download [School]

Thank you very much Dan.

I'll see what I can find for VB. I was installing it at lunch, but I ran out of time. I'm in a business course now, but I'm not sure if I should try to do it now :/

I'll probably just install it to a USB.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: