Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mock DWITE
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
A.J

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:33 pm   Post subject: Mock DWITE

Congratulations javic, on placing first on the Mock DWITE, and also to all the others who took part in this contest.

I would like to thank Brian Bi for helping me with putting this contest together. As most of you must have already realized, this contest was a bit harder than the actual DWITE. I hope that you enjoyed the questions as much Brian and I did coming up with them.

Now that the contest is over, here is a copy of the Mock DWITE (I'll give sometime for people to write it unofficially before actually releasing any solutions).

You can send your submissions to these problems to either bbi5291 (aka Brian Bi) or me for grading.

2009 Mock DWITE.doc
 Description:
Here it is.

Download
 Filename:  2009 Mock DWITE.doc
 Filesize:  51.5 KB
 Downloaded:  363 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bbi5291

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Mock DWITE

Here is a PDF version for those of you who find it inconvenient to open .doc files. (Note that I simply used an online converter; the transcription may not be exact.)

document.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  document.pdf
 Filesize:  112.98 KB
 Downloaded:  948 Time(s)

saltpro15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Mock DWITE

I would like to know how to approach Q3.

An analysis of Q2 would be nice also. I
Spoiler:
wrote a function to check if it's prime and a function to convert the string to an integer
and I don't know where to go from there...
saltpro15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Mock DWITE

ok, so me and corriep have been doing these in class out of boredom, I got Q1 and corriep got Q2 and Q3 I think. Analysis' (Analysi?) of Q4 and Q5 would be great. I checked the admin solutions, but understanding how other peoples code works is hard...
A.J

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Mock DWITE

@saltpro15- I'll pm you an analysis of both Q4 and Q5 (and Q3).
chopperdudes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Mock DWITE

my program for Q4 would work.... if you specify that the min clicks will be <=6 lol :S
Alexander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Mock DWITE

Is this supposed to be done in paper or on a computer?
bbi5291

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:04 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Mock DWITE

Alexander @ Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 pm wrote:
Is this supposed to be done in paper or on a computer?

The contest is modeled after DWITE. It must be done on the computer. You must write a program that will accept input and produce output as described in the problem statement, and it must finish executing within a minute on the machine used for testing.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: