Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Congrats IOI team!
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cyril

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:34 pm   Post subject: Congrats IOI team!

As the self-proclaimed official cheerleader of this year's fantastic four coding superheroes, it is my pleasure to announce that these genii are returning from Plovdiv, Bulgaria... with four medals! Now, they (well, the two of them who use this forum, at least) need to be welcomed back with our best virtual standing ovation. Congratulations to:

Hanson Wang - gold
Robin Cheng - silver
Brian Bi - silver
Peter Wen - bronze

I am usually against emoticons, but this happens to suit the circumstances perfectly: Head Bang
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
endless

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Congrats IOI team!

that's awesome, good job guys.
mono-1-rulz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Congrats IOI team!

awesome! congrats to all the members of the IOI team!
A.J

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Congrats IOI team!

congrats guys. I look forward to seeing most of you (well, hanson and peter...) here at waterloo soon =)
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:59 am   Post subject: Re: Congrats IOI team!

Cyril @ Fri Aug 14, 2009 wrote:
Head Bang

damn straight Razz

Congrats guys!

edit : wow, I just realized Hanson has back to back gold's at IOI Shocked Claping I am not worthy

Cyril, you've gotten me hooked on emotes
Shah-Cuber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Congrats IOI team!

Congratulations to all, a very well deserved accomplishment. We all (Insert saltpro15's bow down emoticon here), oh what the heck: I am not worthy Smile

We might as well enjoy this, while it lasts until next year ... HOSTED HERE! *High Five* But, then again, no travelling ...
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Congrats IOI team!

*Returns High Five*

ah but we get to send 2 teams Shahriar, so 8/20 from CCC Stage 2 make IOI.
divad12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Congrats IOI team!

Congratulations everybody - well done! See some of you in September; I'm in Software Engineering, staying at V1. (Hi, I'm David)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bbi5291

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:43 am   Post subject: Re: Congrats IOI team!

Thanks guys Smile
Best of luck to Hanson and Peter in their future adventures, coding and otherwise, and to you guys for making one of the Canadian teams next year Smile

Actually, it's unclear how many unofficial teams we get to send: Croatia 2007 and Egypt 2008 each had one unofficial team, but Bulgaria had two: one "Bulgaria 2" team and another team selected specifically from Plovdiv (the city in which IOI was actually held.) Conceivably, since the host country is responsible for the costs of accommodation, meals, organization, etc., there might not be a limit at all. Although, I don't think a Kitchener/Waterloo team would be very effective...
A.J

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Congrats IOI team!

bbi5291 wrote:

I don't think a Kitchener/Waterloo team would be very effective...

what's that supposed to mean? Laughing

nah, I agree with you on that. there aren't that many people here (in waterloo) that do CS.

but whatever, I'll try my best to make IOI this year, so hopefully I'll see you here, Brian.

I am also attempting to make IMO, but that is a harder venture that'll require a lot of practicing to make...but whatever, I'll try nevertheless.

congrats once again guys =)
Analysis Mode

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Congrats IOI team!

Nicely done guys!
Cyril

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Congrats IOI team!

I felt really stupid because I couldn't figure out the optimal solution to the first problem, but evidently it was the "pbs" of this IOI.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Congrats IOI team!

erm, Cyril I hope you mean the Archery problem, and not Area Laughing That archery one is brutal... I think the only task that could be solved by a mortal from the first day is Poi.
bbi5291

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Congrats IOI team!

Raisins isn't so bad - it's just DP...
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: