Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 OpenSchool - The Open Source LanSchool client
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:07 pm   Post subject: RE:OpenSchool - The Open Source LanSchool client

It seems like alot Luigi Auriemma's proof of concepts are made after the expolite is widely know about. Adimtly he adds alot of knew stuff in his PoC but it is still kind of disappointing that he does not acknowledge any work that came before this. Also i don't see any advisory for the lanschool PoC or any indication he contacted LanSchool to let them know about so i some what question his ethics in this case.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Matt Graham

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:07 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:OpenSchool - The Open Source LanSchool client

Dan @ Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:07 pm wrote:
It seems like alot Luigi Auriemma's proof of concepts are made after the expolite is widely know about. Adimtly he adds alot of knew stuff in his PoC but it is still kind of disappointing that he does not acknowledge any work that came before this. Also i don't see any advisory for the lanschool PoC or any indication he contacted LanSchool to let them know about so i some what question his ethics in this case.

You're right. He should note other work before him at least somewhere on his website. He does seem to carry on like he discovers all the bugs himself. However, I doubt he means to offend anyone by it (I could be wrong, though, I don't really follow this stuff.) Still, he definitely knows what he's doing. I still can't wrap my brain around the packet encryption!
zspamz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:50 am   Post subject: RE:OpenSchool - The Open Source LanSchool client

It's aight
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: