Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Prysx, Grade 12 Final Project
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Saad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Prysx, Grade 12 Final Project

corriep @ Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 pm wrote:
The link doesn't work for me Sad

Ah sorry, I renamed the file before and forgot to change my post. Link works now, enjoy Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:02 am   Post subject: Re: Prysx, Grade 12 Final Project

very nice!
nice motion blur btw Very Happy

question: how does the polygon break
saltpro15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:37 am   Post subject: RE:Prysx, Grade 12 Final Project

question : why does the command prompt open when I run it? awesome game btw
ecookman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Prysx, Grade 12 Final Project

coolest.thing.ever
Saad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Prysx, Grade 12 Final Project

Homer_simpson @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:02 am wrote:
very nice!
nice motion blur btw Very Happy

question: how does the polygon break

All of the polygons are composed of triangles, and so when they are created they are triangulated (via the ear clipping algorithm). When I want to break a polygon, each of the triangles become a separate polygon, and those get recursively subdivided into smaller triangles until an arbitrary depth is reached, which was just 1 for this demo, but if you want you can have it it subdivide much deeper and get a lot more triangles.

saltpro15 wrote:

question why does the command prompt open when I run it? awesome game btw

I used the command prompt to output debugging information but SDL didn't output directly to the console, and so I recompiled SDL so that it output to the console. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to recompile the source for Prysx with the original library and so the console shows.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: