Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Which Program...
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jestar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 pm   Post subject: Which Program...

What program is good for making animated gifs? i would like to make some but not sure what program to use.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Which Program...

There's a whole slew of crappy shareware out there, and a few diamonds in the rough for freeware that I wouldn't bother going through.

Then there's the big names. Photoshop. But I'm betting you aren't good enough to justify buying it, and I'm also betting that you don't need it anywhere near badly enough to justify pirating it.

So then there's GIMP. GIMP sucks, but you have to suck it up because it does the job.
Jestar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Which Program...

do all photoshops support this? because there are photoshops programs at my school i could try using...and i suppose i could give GIMP a try...Thanks.
Zampano

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Which Program...

I use EasyGif.
It's a free trial (20-uses only) and I have no problems with basic animation using it.
Of course, at school, the computers clean the location the program stores the information regarding how many uses I have left, meaning I gain unlimited trials with the program itself in a safe location.
Btw; I deleted the program after I no longer needed it.
zylum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:56 am   Post subject: RE:Which Program...

Im not sure photoshop can do this directly. I know adobe image ready is good for animated gifs and sometimes it is packaged together with photoshop.
Nick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:40 am   Post subject: RE:Which Program...

i think i saw my friend do it in Photoshop once but i dont remember how :S
also image ready wouldnt let me change one picture without changing them all maybe i did something wrong
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:07 am   Post subject: RE:Which Program...

If you decide to go with GIMP, frames of animation are just layers. Save as a GIF image, make sure to say it's an animation when it asks about the layers and go from there.

Whatever you choose it's up to you to learn to use the software. You can find tutorials for anything online.
Jestar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:12 am   Post subject: RE:Which Program...

Alright..thanks for the help.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
chrisciscoioio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:30 am   Post subject: Re: Which Program...

Well, GIMP is fairly good, but I suggest using the tutorials on it, because they will help with alot thing, for example drawing shapes, a key feature that is confusing.
agnivohneb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:27 pm   Post subject: RE:Which Program...

I do use macromedia flash for some small avatars and it is easy to use. but, there are $$costs$$ attached to this one.
Euphoracle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Which Program...

Flash has AWFUL GIF rendering, unless they fixed it since MX2004.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Which Program...

its fairly decent in my copy of mx2004, it was a nice clean version, never liked the new versions, to confuzling :S,

photoshop is a pain to make gifs with, i recommend sticking with flash, usually school computers have flash on them.
andrew.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Which Program...

My favourite GIF making program is ImageReady. It came with Photoshop until CS2. It has a Photoshop-like interface, but can make animations and stuff and save to PSD, GIF, or MOV.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: