Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help with input program
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MIdas0036

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm   Post subject: help with input program

ok so from my last post i need to make a program that will read input buffers from a controller but i don't know how can anyone help me
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:53 pm   Post subject: RE:help with input program

What language are you using, and what kind of port is the controller connecting with?

There's no generic solution that applies to every language, nor any that applies to every kind of port. And if it's a common language or common port, just Google it. Chances are that asking the same question again won't get any better answers than the first time.

Edit: I'll assume you're writing in VB .NET, since that's the forum this is under (missed that the first time because I'm a spaz).
MIdas0036

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:13 pm   Post subject: Re: help with input program

using an xbox 360 controller
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:02 pm   Post subject: RE:help with input program

Mhm. And which port are you plugging it into?

If you're talking wireless then you'll have to find out exactly how the controller talks to the xbox (ie what technology it uses - bluetooth, wifi, whatever).
MIdas0036

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:47 pm   Post subject: Re: help with input program

its using a usb
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:54 am   Post subject: RE:help with input program

You could try: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323594 , though that may be a little too advanced (I'm having a hard time reading it).

Alternately, try any of the results from this search: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Search/Search.aspx?words=usb+serial&searchKey=&lcid=1033&searchscope=forumscope&siteid=1&ForumID=64&ForumGroupID=-1&GoButton=+Go
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: