Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Importing files into blender?
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:22 pm   Post subject: Importing files into blender?

I downloaded blender just for the heck of it, and it looks cool! I have never done 3d graphics before, and thought I'd like to try. I wanted to import some models from a game, and thus they had to convert to BLENDER files. I did this, but blender still would not open the file. I get an error saying '(file path) is not of file type BLENDER. Is this an unfixable thing? Or did I do something wrong?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Importing files into blender?

How did you convert them?

Also i blive blender has a bunch of import options that lets you import diffrent 3d file formats so you may not have to convert it at all.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Importing files into blender?

Er...I just renamed the file to test.blender. It does say in the 'details' that it is a blender file though. Not having to convert, you say? I assume the files I'm trying to import were made in the company's (THQ) own program, thus they are not readable except by their program (or game). The models are bikes from MX v. ATV, and they're BIK files, so I assumed, well, I said that above. You know, they're bikes, and the extension is BIK.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: