Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Engineering at Mcmaster and Queens
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Junaid2pac

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:56 pm   Post subject: Engineering at Mcmaster and Queens

What university has a better program for computer/electrical/mechanical engineering? I have a week or so to decide, but would like to know what has a better program for those specific programs.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Engineering at Mcmaster and Queens

I can't speak about Queens, but I'm in McMaster Electrical.

Join us, and you'll have a hell of an experience. Oh I must warn you, in the process, you might loose your soul. Mwhahaha... no seriously its pretty bad. :s Most of us have no life ... anymore. =\

However, it is interesting. Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Engineering at Mcmaster and Queens

Any decent Engineering program will destroy you from the inside. Personally, I can't keep up with that.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Junaid2pac

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Engineering at Mcmaster and Queens

how do u find elec at mcmaster.....do u live on campus.....do u get a free buss pass?
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:43 pm   Post subject: RE:Engineering at Mcmaster and Queens

You do get to use your student card as a bus pass. Hence it could effectively be thought of as "free", but technically you automatically pay for the bus services from your fees, whether you use it or not.

No I haven't lived on campus. I've heard that campus life is fine, but only for the first year.

I find elec eng interesting but as I mentioned above, you will feel the stress, however maybe not so much in the first year. First year in mac is the easiest of all years (doh!) and is generic. So you do get to see what elec eng is like (to a small extent) before you commit yourself to it.
Junaid2pac

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Engineering at Mcmaster and Queens

Both first year for both programs are general...so now which one do u guys think gets u better prepared or is more geared towards electrical/computer/mechanical engineering?
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Engineering at Mcmaster and Queens

How can anyone compare two universities in such a manner? Who has done the same program in more than one university?

They should all be equally geared towards any program.

I'm not sure how you'd measure how much more geared a university is towards a certain program. The best I can say is, if you're in electrical you don't learn anything about mechanical related stuff. It will be purely electrical. At least that's the way it has been here at mac.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: