Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Automatic login
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MIdas0036

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:57 pm   Post subject: Automatic login

alright here is my problem i go to work for a change of shift, last shift logs off and i have to log in, 6 digits log in no problem only thousands of customer waiting in line and the computer is a little touchy...

my solution: automatic login via swipe of card...

problem: i have no idea about how to get VB to detect the input boxs and enter the information and no idea about what libs to use...

solution: please if anyone can give my a little bit of help that would be great
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Automatic login

on the non VB side of things you'll need a card swiper, a card programmed with you're login, knowledge of how swipe cards work

I have no knowledge of VB so I don't know if it can handle this
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Automatic login

I'm not sure about detecting input boxes of 3rd party applications.. but VB can certainly mimic keyboard input -- Keyboard.SendKeys

MSDN has [url=http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172702(VS.80).aspx]an amazingly good example[/url] for this
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
MIdas0036

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:12 am   Post subject: Re: Automatic login

ok now anyone know where i can get a card reader and blank cards
OneOffDriveByPoster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24 am   Post subject: Re: Automatic login

If you are going to keep your cards safe anyway, then I think you could go for a barcode reader and print your own barcodes...
MIdas0036

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:31 am   Post subject: Re: Automatic login

i work in the customer service industry (MACS convince) and the barcode reader is well...CRAP the thing is old to the point i have to go into the database and find the product myself... besides they just made the card reader active for me to swipe drivers licences for those who look under 25 and if this works for me i can make more for the rest of the staff making it faster to switch shifts
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: