Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CS universities (grad/master) question
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
tsilva

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:34 pm   Post subject: CS universities (grad/master) question

Hello,

First of all, I'm brazilian and I have no real knowledge of universities in Canada (never went there, but hope to). Because of that, I would appreciate if anyone could point out where I could find information on good CS courses (grad/master degree). Better yet (maybe, a long shot), if anyone know about courses with researches around programming language design & implementation and/or virtual machines (since those are the subjects I'm interested for my thesis), I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks a lot,
Thiago Silva
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
milton.ignites

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:10 pm   Post subject: Re: CS universities (grad/master) question

If you want States, (io know your asking for canada but...)
there is really really great CS Masters Program at Carnegie Mellon University that teaches computer graphics... and also they have the best CS Phd program in the world.
then there always MIT, ... etc...

in Canada... the BEST CS programs probably comes from
WATER WATEr WATER LOO LOO LOO!! (University of Waterloo David R. Cheriton School of CS cs.uwaterloo.ca)
umm maybe UT? (its nice and big) ( University of Toronto Dept of CS http://web.cs.toronto.edu/dcs/index.php?section=156)

These two are my tops if i ever do Grad in canada in CS because in addition to their rep., they pay you a bit more for R.A & T.A ing than the other universities to help you sustain your grad studies. =).... i think
PaulButler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:58 pm   Post subject: RE:CS universities (grad/master) question

Waterloo apparently has a generous IP policy - you own your own research. I don't know how other schools compare.
Skynet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:43 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:CS universities (grad/master) question

PaulButler @ Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:58 pm wrote:
Waterloo apparently has a generous IP policy - you own your own research. I don't know how other schools compare.

They do. There are a few profs in my department running companies on the side which are based on their research. More information - UW Policy 73
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: