Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DWITE Round 5, Q#4: About test data
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
YYSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:59 pm   Post subject: DWITE Round 5, Q#4: About test data

Some lines in test data do not have exactly 10 characters, as described in the question and sample input:

Quote:
The input file DATA4.txt will contain 5 sets of data -- N lines per set, 10 characters in length.....

This results ACCESS_VIOLATION runtime error in my C program, because it reads exactly 10 char per line....maybe I misunderstand the question Sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:09 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Round 5, Q#4: About test data

I am prity sure they did, the test case being displayed on the dwite site has the spaces removed becues of html (it does not display the extra spaces) if you look at the score of the page you can see they are there in the html file.

I will try to update the dwite site to show spaces in the testcases, but from what i can tell they where there in the aucatly DATA4.txt file.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 pm   Post subject: RE:DWITE Round 5, Q#4: About test data

I have updated the site to display the test case data correctly (like DATA4.txt would have been) and you can view it now at: http://dwite.org/home/testcase/61

If you find somthing worng let me know.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: