Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ccc 2007!
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
aramadia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:33 am   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

For those who enjoy contests like the CCC, I hope you get into Stage II and perhaps the IOI. If you think you are extremely good and want to take this to the "next level" , you can actually money of this (besides the measly $100 for winning at a regional level in the CCC). Please visit http://www.topcoder.com/, a contest websites for professionals who are simply insanely good at programming contests. I believe the winner last year got $100,000 for winning the top coder finals.

Also, if you go to university, there is an ACM-ICPC contest, which is similar to IOI except it is designed for university students. For those who are looking for immediate practise, please visit http://acm.uva.es/problemset/ which is an online judge. An online judge automatically marks your program so your output has to be exact.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StepStep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

Anyways
Anyone got perfect on senior?
+anyone here went to stage 2 last year?
A.J

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:58 am   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

I did it in approx 3-4 hrs (number three took me some time)
number 4 and 5 were just trivial DP questions.

the 2008 CCC will definitely be harder that last year's (according to Andy Kong)

good luck to evryone!!!

(P.S): the link below is the solution to Q5 in turing. if anyone has any questions, just ask me)

SQ5.T
 Description:
Bowling for numbers (in turing, using DP)

Download
 Filename:  SQ5.T
 Filesize:  1.04 KB
 Downloaded:  255 Time(s)

A.J

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

here is an updated version to the above Q5 (i took out all the streams)

SQ5.T
 Description:
here it is

Download
 Filename:  SQ5.T
 Filesize:  1.21 KB
 Downloaded:  248 Time(s)

klopyrev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

Have you been to http://access.mmhs.ca/ccc/? Now solve Bowling for Numbers 2... It's way more fun, but still pretty easy.
A.J

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

i've read the question, and it is sort of puzzling. I still don't know how to solve it (i have other problems to think about, like the n-puzzle solver. if you can help me out with that, i'll be grateful)
klopyrev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

The state for the Bowling for Numbers 2 problem is the same as for Bowling for Numbers. However, the transition is different. If you need more of a hint, I'd be happy to give you one.
A.J

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

trANsition?
of what sort?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
klopyrev

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:05 am   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2007!

You have two DP states. How they relate to each other, that is called the transition. For example, consider Bowling for Numbers:

F(i,j) = sum(i, N-1) i>=N-W
= max( F(i+W,j-1) + sum(i, i+W-1), F(i+1, j) ) i<N-W

i - current pin you are considering
j - Number of bowling balls left
W - How many pins a bowling ball knocks down
N - Total number of pins

When i<N-W, you see that F is a recursive function. F(i+W, j-1) is the next state. So is F(i+1, j).

Bowling for Numbers II has a different transition. It is more complicated. However, the states are the same.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 6 of 6  [ 84 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: