Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 January Dwite : Question 1 Line 4
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Prototype

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:08 pm   Post subject: January Dwite : Question 1 Line 4

YOOoO liEK WTFLIP!?!

liek!!?!

how do i round number?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
fantasy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:16 pm   Post subject: Re: January Dwite : Question 1 Line 4

yea i think theres a problem with java's math.round

the only workaround i found was this video
Saad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:26 pm   Post subject: RE:January Dwite : Question 1 Line 4

The problem was in errors from the calculations, more accurate would give a better result.
syntax_error

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:37 pm   Post subject: Re: January Dwite : Question 1 Line 4

dont use math.round

then ur limited by the factor you multiply by just printf

much better and fast i think (well not sure but the code itself but typing it ya it is xD)
HeavenAgain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:39 pm   Post subject: RE:January Dwite : Question 1 Line 4

there is some problem with the question 1, i think it was the first input or something; 0 50
should output 0, which im sure quite a lot of us did... and got marked wrong Rolling Eyes strange
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:10 pm   Post subject: RE:January Dwite : Question 1 Line 4

The error is our fault not yours. The 4th test case for problem 1 should have been 221 and not 220. We apprently rounded down rather then up.

Also please note that the 2nd submmsion will not have the test cases in the same order so it could show up as any one of the four test cases.

I will make an offical news posting about this on the dwite site tomore.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:31 am   Post subject: RE:January Dwite : Question 1 Line 4

This problem has been fixed (or at least i think it has). Check out the front page on dwite.org for the latest news about it.

Also you might whont to check out the past contest page for this contest to see how it changed the scores.

Spolier: Not much :p
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: