Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Get into Waterloo?
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

richcash wrote:
I mean, what if you have all easy courses in the first semester?

This is exactly why they look at your grade 11 marks.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
richcash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But you don't have to apply at mid-term, do you? Can't you apply after your final report card. Then they wouldn't look at grade 11, would they? If there is no way for me to ever omit my grade 11 marks then I might as well give up! Rolling Eyes
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

richcash wrote:
Can't you apply after your final report card.

By that time all of the acceptances would already be mailed out. There are set deadlines for the whole procedure.

Though as it has been stated before, the awesome thing about Waterloo's AIF is that you get to explain why grade 11 marks are an inaccurate representation of your abilities (just don't say that you 'didn't know they mattered'), and show a clear improvement in your partial 12. They'll likely delay the decision and if your marks show to stay up, they'll overlook your 11.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whew! That is a releif. Anyways, what if im staying an extra year (woot, grade 13), do i still have to mail out my application before feb? or would it be next feb?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that I don't know about. It's best to speak with your highschool and the University of choice, to find out how they all handle such kind of an approach.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
that I don't know about. It's best to speak with your highschool and the University of choice, to find out how they all handle such kind of an approach.

Nice to see that Tony doesn't know everything. I was starting to think you were a robot. Rolling Eyes

Either way, thanks for you help. Nice to see that I can exclude my Grade 11 marks, because I wouldn't get into ANY college or university with those.
josh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

As far as early acceptance goes, my guidance counceller told me that it is highly unlikely that you will get early acceptance unless you have english in your first semester of grade 12.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ZeroPaladn wrote:
do i still have to mail out my application before feb? or would it be next feb?

I stayed a fifth year at kennedy and never applied until my 5th year b4 feb. Its all really easy using COMPASS.

Side Note: My marks in highschool, well sucked in my mind (gr12 70 avg) gr13 (84 avg) and my university average was about 81 ish. And I still got into waterloo. Too bad im broke and could never afford (and seeing as I wouldn't get many scholarships), i elected not to go. But dont, not apply for waterloo if you feel your marks are low.

The only school I didnt get into was Western, mmmeh.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
richcash

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So universities will consider marks from courses that have been re-done? Does anyone know for sure if they actually adjust the mark of a re-done course (I heard they might drop the mark by 6%!)? Or by grade 13 do people mean that they take courses they haven't taken yet to boost their average?
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I read that they do adjust the mark a bit if you have repeated the course and they are taking the mark from the repeat.

I also found out that waterloo only lets you apply to one engineering program on your OUAC application. If I don't get into the program I applied for on my main application will they seriously consider the other programs i put down on the AIF?

Basically I really want nano-engineering and my marks are at the lower end of what you need to get in (90ish), but there are other types of engineering there I would like to do also if I don't get in, so I don't know what to apply for n e more. will they actually consider your other choices? does anyone know of ppl that have gotten in with their secondary choices?
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yes. a friend of mine got rejected from nano and dropped to elec
Null

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Get into Waterloo?

Well, I went to visit Waterloo last week and I did the general campus tour. I liked what I saw. I'll probably also do a tour of the engineering faculty in September (I'm looking at electrical). Smile

I finished grade 11 with an 88% and I'd like to finish grade 12 with about a 92% so we'll see what happens. I can only hope for the best.
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Get into Waterloo?

Got into CS with a 76% average. Go me.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 43 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: