Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Urgent Help -Photoshop Thing
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
The_Triangle

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:28 pm   Post subject: Urgent Help -Photoshop Thing

This is for a website I'm making in dreamweaver due for school tomorrow.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

You see my button in dreamweaver, the HTML one, the moon/orb thing, its a GIF file from photoshop.

I want those white specs around the edges of the orb off of it. Is there any way to do that?

I'd try erasing the pixels but that won't work.

Please help. Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Urgent Help -Photoshop Thing

GIF images that are not rectangular have a problem with pixels appearing like you describe. Why? As I recall, the pixels are either transparent or not, not in between.

The solution? You can either use a PNG image, or colour the background a dark colour to try and hide the white pixels. One issue with going PNG is that Internet Explorer 6 and below does not support transparent PNGs.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Urgent Help -Photoshop Thing

as i recall gif's dont support transperencies, just use a png,that should work

besides gifs are only usefull for animations and thats where it stops:P
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Urgent Help -Photoshop Thing

MihaiG @ Mon May 14, 2007 6:54 pm wrote:
as i recall gif's dont support transperencies, just use a png,that should work
GIFs do support transparencies, just not alpha layers. Meaning their colours are either transparent or not, not partially transparent. This is what is causing the white pixels. PNGs do not have this limitation and would (have been) the ideal solution.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Urgent Help -Photoshop Thing

If this is in photoshop, select the layer the botton is on, then go to layer->matting->defringe

Select 1 to 5 pixels and hit ok

if you are lucky it should cleary up the white outline. Other wise you will have to use other methods like selcting by color or slowly going around it and deleting the white space.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: