Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:04 pm   Post subject: Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

In '89, Mr. Gates came to Waterloo to talk about the early days of Microsoft and where he saw the company heading. The Computer Science Club recorded this talk, and it was then lost in the depths of the club's office... until recently. We digitalized it, and now here it is for everyone's enjoyment! He even mentions the ever famous 640K.

Click!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:16 am   Post subject: Re: Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

Awesome! Martin, mind if I submit this to Slashdot? I'd normally do it without asking, but I don't want to kill the CSC servers' bandwidth. Would it be okay? It'd be awesome press Smile
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:38 am   Post subject: RE:Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

What happened at the beginning that they all started laughing?
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

Martin, who was that guy form the club elections?
Quote:

If I'm elected VP CSC (or a more accurately recalled position), I will try to get Waterloo's servers Slashdoted again!

Heh, good stuff though.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

I already sent it through to Slashdot, although that was last night and it still hasn't shown up on the front page yet. Status is still pending.

None the less, feel free to submit it again. It can't hurt.

Amailer @ Fri Mar 02, 2007 21:38 wrote:
What happened at the beginning that they all started laughing?

It's lost forever in the sands of time.
md

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

Having seen the CSCs office I'm amazed that anything could ever be found in it. /me listens to the historic recording

[edit] If someone puts it on Digg I'll totally digg it.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:56 am   Post subject: RE:Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

http://digg.com/microsoft/Bill_Gates_Thoughts_on_Microsoft_in_1989

2 days old, but it might still be able to make the front page?
Naveg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:33 am   Post subject: RE:Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

Well it made ars:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2007/03/25/bill-gates-on-the-future-of-the-computer-industry-circa-1989
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

LaRocaille wrote:
I graduated from CS at Waterloo two years ago and I can vouch that the CS Club still looks like that.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:31 am   Post subject: RE:Bill Gates 1989 Talk in Waterloo

More good stuff from CSC - this time a video of Prof. Larry Smith talking about software startups by UW students. There's also a textcast equivalent for those without 300 MB bandwidth and 40 minutes. Good stuff though.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: