Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CCC 2007 Practice
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
PaulButler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:56 am   Post subject: CCC 2007 Practice

I will be doing the 2005 Senior problems today, and 2004 Senior problems as well if I have time today (if not today, tomorrow).

If anyone else wants to do any or all of the questions and compare answers, just let me know.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
klopyrev

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:01 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2007 Practice

Good luck!!! If you can finish all of them, then you are well on your way to getting a good score Razz If you get stuck, feel free to ask, because I think I finished all of them over the last couple of years!
KL
PaulButler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:30 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2007 Practice

I finished them all, but I didn't get full score on all of them. Full score on the first two, 9/10 on the third, 6/10 on the forth, and 7/10 on the fifth.

I don't know what this score is equivalent to in terms of points, or if that would have been enough to get to stage 2.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:12 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2007 Practice

Well, they are all marked out of 15. Each of the 10 test cases would have different weights. I don't have the grading instructions in front of me but it is a fairly safe guess to assume 1-5 were 1 mark each and 6-10 were 2 marks each. I figure you got about 59/75. The cut-off in that year was 57. Hope you do as well on Tuesday.
PaulButler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:13 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2007 Practice

Cool, that's motivating that I would have gotten to stage two. Thanks for the information.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:25 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2007 Practice

McKenzie @ Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:12 pm wrote:
Well, they are all marked out of 15. Each of the 10 cases would have different weights. I don't have the grading instructions in front of me but it is a fairly safe guess to assume 1-5 were 1 mark each and 6-10 were 2 marks each. I figure you got about 59/75. The cut-off in that year was 57. Hope you do as well on Tuesday.

2004 sounds like my year... sooooo long ago. If I remember correctly the last question is to find a longest path in a rectangular matrix given that you can only go left to right. I DPed one step at a time, but it was too slow. The DP should be done by going up and then back down, then going right.
klopyrev

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:57 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2007 Practice

Is it me or is the CCC the only thing people are talking about now? Everyone is practising these last couple of days. I have finally figured out what makes the CCC different from any other competition. The wording in the problems is really tricky. It took me 30 mins last year just to figure out what problem 4 was asking me. I was reading over stage 2 problems today. If you can figure out what the problem is asking of you, you can probably solve it. Who writes these problems anyway? Do they just have a horrible writer or are they doing that on purpose?

KL

Edit: For an example, read 2005 Stage 2, Day 1 problem Spamway. Supposedly it a shortest path problem. Have fun figuring that out.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:14 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2007 Practice

usually by waterloo profs and grad students
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: