Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hex AI
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
klopyrev

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:32 pm   Post subject: Hex AI

Here is my AI for the game Hex that I had to make for my final project in Grade 12 Computer Science. I have spent a lot of time on it, so it is pretty good. I still fail to beat it every time. To run it, compile every file first, especially Bee.java, because it doesn't compile itself. Run HexGame to run the game. Then, when you are running the game, press Game Type, select either Human vs Computer or Computer vs Computer. When it says enter the name of the next player, you have to give it the name of the class that contains an AI. Basically, you have to type "Bee", because that is the name of my player. You could even write your own AI for it if you have time and then enter "Your AI Name" to see it battle mine. That's what we did in our class. Unfortunately, no one in my class could even come close to beating Bee Razz. Perhaps you could offer a challenge? Oh, when you select Human vs Computer and make a move, it takes around 10 seconds for the computer to make a move, so don't think it is not doing anything. Just make sure you don't select Human vs Human, make a move and then wait for half an hour thinking that my AI is making a move. Trust me, its not fun looking at the screen and wondering what the hell is taking so long. At that point, you begin to worry that your AI has a bug in it only in the end to discover exactly how stupid you are.

Konstantin Lopyrev

Hex AI.zip
 Description:
BEE!!!

Download
 Filename:  Hex AI.zip
 Filesize:  11.72 KB
 Downloaded:  733 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:46 am   Post subject: RE:Hex AI

do a search on google. you'll find many AIs flying around.
klopyrev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:39 am   Post subject: Re: Hex AI

The main ones are Hexy and QueenBee. My AI is based on QueenBee. I actually wanted to implement the algorithm that Hexy uses, but I didn't know the Max Flow algorithm back then, so I used Queen Bee's algorithm.

KL
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: