Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hosting and Ads
Index -> Network News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting and Ads

Melting computers after 10 people log on can't be that bad can it? Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Hosting and Ads

My server can handle more then 10 people... perhaps it's the crappy forum software Wink
rdrake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:35 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Hosting and Ads

md @ Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:30 pm wrote:
My server can handle more then 10 people... perhaps it's the crappy forum software Wink
Nah, it was the operating system. As I recall, Dan used to run compsci.ca on a winders box.
Clayton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting and Ads

What difference would that actually make? Just the way the system handles clients?
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Hosting and Ads

Mine can handle 16 last I checked - after 16 people are on the connection just gets cut for more people trying to visit :/
md

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Hosting and Ads

I used to run windows on my server... it handled more then 10 people then too Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:36 am   Post subject: RE:Hosting and Ads

The issue was that the windows web server that was being used had a hard limit in it of 10 conecctions. This was done by M$ so you whould buy there full server.

We changed to an open sorce webserver and could take many more conections but the computer whould still crash some times.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 37 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: