Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [BETA1] Online RPG
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
vertozia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:57 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

this issssssssssss soooooooooooooo sick, turing sucks, but this, whoa~!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:05 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Remm @ Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:45 pm wrote:
Well when you made your damn 5 char limint I couldnt log into my old account *AGHH!!!!*
So, seriously, either delete the Remm acount so i can relog in under that account name with a dum leangth password, or get rid of 5min. Anyways, that means you need somthing to check if the name is already taken BEFORE you enter game world, so they can repick without going ?!?!??!!?
Redownloading it now.... heh

I deleted your account a couple minutes ago. (As well as any account using less than 5 character passes)
Remm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:25 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Yes, but did you delete the character name ITSELF? it wont let me make Remm still, which is making me sad, lol.
Anyways, the daily load of bugs:

First of all, when you enter a new area, anyoen in there, it makes them face one set direction, not the one that is shown to the player that is playing.

Secondly, you'll notice a HELLUVA lotta accounts that popped up. thats from all of us making extra accounts and playing with like 5 people at once. You gotta make it so only one CC can be open at a time. Screenshot of me and my hoes proves it Razz

Remm.JPG
 Description:
Remm and his Hoes
 Filesize:  53.17 KB
 Viewed:  111 Time(s)

Remm.JPG

Prince Pwn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:13 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

I've been getting lag issues all today =S
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:20 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

In response to why they're facing one direction: It's because you haven't received any information regarding which way they're going. I don't think direction is that big of a deal.

Multiple Connections from one IP: This is so that I could test everything from one computer. Once everything is pretty secure I'll just uncomment the code that kicks off cheaters.

Prince Pwn, what kind of internet do you have? Out of the dozens of users that have connected I've only noticed that about two of them had lag issues. One had dial-up and the other's computer just sucked badly. It might also be a problem on my end, since I'm hosting the server.

P.S. Remm, see how many users you can get in a room together before the client explodes. 20 fps for 6 users seems perfect.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:05 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Hi robert, this game owns.
Remm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:35 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

You seriously want me to try? when i took that pic, there was a good 10-15 people (that includes their clones) in the castle. I had moved to the bar since it was too crowded... heh

Anyways, did you recieve the two maps i sent you? Little expansion of rooms would be nice while we wait for further updates ^_^

---and ty for making updates instead of full redownloads

---Please delete Remm Character so i can use him again instead of Remmo (not the acc, the character)

---Me 'n josh will c how many we can get in the bar tomarrow. 'Till then, gl/hf/cya
Shyfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:50 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

hey plz delete shyfire the account i cant get in to it
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:56 am   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

could you tell me how you got turing to read only chunks of the large tileset?
Hack.saw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:21 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Runtime error: Line 66 of <Unknown file #39>:I/O attempted on unopened stream number -10. Open failed with message 'Net Error. Windows Socket Library Error #10060'.
Anyone know whats up? something isn't being read and the stream number is messed up =/
Remm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:01 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Ok... we really didint get too far. Me and this 'whateva' guy did it since zayman was nowhere to be found. Once we got a few people, the server like gave out.

Oh, and we did this AFTER you put the restriction of only 1 open at a time on, so that means your restrictor is flawed :/
Once i started shoving characters in after it gave out, they could only walk around start area (as seen with remm'shoe2.

Oh.. and i think servers down now... ^_^ i cant get back in, lol.
So... between the two of us, 12(ish) brought down the server. I supect, as said before, with more human players, we coulda gotten alot further (as with yesterday, the 20(ish) online)

SpamTest.JPG
 Description:
Taking down a server.. or trying
 Filesize:  157.54 KB
 Viewed:  127 Time(s)

SpamTest.JPG

Zayman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:42 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Sorry I wasn't there to crash the server with ya Remm, you know I'm all about crashing stuff haha ^_^. And so far for me everything seems to be working real nicly, keep up the good work! Awaiting a new update with mine and Remm's maps! ^_^!
Remm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:31 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

lol.. its there choice to put em in.... anyways, that'll b the last time i ever (intentionally) crash the server. lets hope its not hell getting it back up Sad
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:51 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Alright... I've deleted the accounts/char requested.

I noticed what you meant about the servers crashing. It didn't "crash". It allows connections, however it doesn't seem to send any responses back to the clients.

I've now left the server up in a terminal, so I can see where things start crapping out.

If you have time, try to do the exact same thing you did before.

Oh, and I also haven't enabled the one-IP security thing yet, since we're still testing.
Prince Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:29 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Sometimes I've been getting lag issues for no apparent reason, except for the map with the fire. I don't think it's my internet connection because everything else is normal speed. I'll run a speedtest.

Update: I'm getting half the down speed and same upload speed compared to 20 days ago =/
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 7  [ 95 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: