Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Search Engine
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:03 pm   Post subject: Search Engine

So I spent some time making a search engine for no apparent reason. It's in exe format so everyone can try it out. Just type what you want into the text box and click on the command button or press enter then once you entered all you wanted, type in what you want to search in the text box beside the search command button and press enter or click on the search command button and a list of search results will a ppear or a message box will pop up. Also this search will search for any word containing what you typed in so for example, if you searched for "he" then any word containing "he" such as the, when, heat. One last thing to note is that the search is case sensitive.

The Extension 'exe' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What does it search? How? It'd be nice to know a thing or two about a program before downloading it...
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Okay here's a screen shot of the program I've put in labels telling what each part of the program does. I just want some people to try it out and make sure it's working properly.

p.s. where I said "so you type in a part of a word to search" there's supposed to be a "can" in there. Sorry for the typo.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: