Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 College rather than University
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
neufelni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:10 pm   Post subject: College rather than University

I am in Grade 12 and am interested in pursuing a career in programming. However, I don't think I'll be going to university, but college instead. What are my chances of getting into a programming career with just a college dimploma?

I would probably go to Fanshawe College in London. It the closest to home, the program description sounds good, and they have co-op. Here is some course information.
http://www.fanshawec.on.ca/programs/20067/cpa2.asp
http://www.fanshawec.on.ca/programs/20067/courses/CPA2.asp

What do you think of this program and my chances of getting into programming with a college diploma?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
r.3volved

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm 5th semester CP/A there right now and the program pwns
I've done other CPA courses at other colleges and quite due to lack of in-depth content, but Fanshawe offers a fantastic course outline.

Hit me up on Aim: jsdecrim or ICQ: 16168695 if you got a bunch of questions, I got no trouble answering them.

The chicks here are smoking hot too...definately good eye-candy Smile

Read my comments in this thread about it:
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=12789&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=fanshawe&start=15
we64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They should transfer those hot girls to UW's math faculty.
r.3volved

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha
go hang out at laurier if you want hot girls
md

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

r.3volved wrote:
haha
go hang out at laurier if you want hot girls

Umm... what? You sir, are crazy. UW (contrary to popular opinion) has many hot girls. Most are in arts or heath sciences, a few in math; and there are supposedly a couple of girls in engineering.

Laurier has girls, and a few of them may be hot, but laurier girls are known more for their "openness" then for it's hot girls.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have to agree with cornflake.. uw does have a lot of hot girls.. just go walk around dc at 10pm during exam season
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy, bring your cellphone camera and start taking photos!
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: