Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 For the prospective university students
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

cervantes, i can guarantee you that you learn alot more from your work terms than school. you go to university to learn how to learn. and being placed in a workplace helps that alot.

after you graduate, chances are, you're not going to be working on exactly what you've learned in university, or why else would the company hire you? you'll be putting the skills you learned into practice to pick up new things and build upon them.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
cervantes, i can guarantee you that you learn alot more from your work terms than school. you go to university to learn how to learn. and being placed in a workplace helps that alot.

This was sort of the point of my original post. Smile

Smart people usually know how to learn. Associate yourself with smart people and you'll figure out how to learn, and you'll probably do well.
Reality Check

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

^^The reason why I love these forums! Most of the people are educated
Bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well I'm personally looking to get into RMC (Royal Military College) it's where I want to go.

Class sizes - Not sure on this one.

The type of comunity (big/small, ect) - Relatively small and being military will probably have a lot in common, and be the type of people I enjoy.

They quality of the resdences they have - Very nice, and the inspections don't bother me after 4 years of cadets.

The quailty of food and meal plans on campus - I've ate there and it's pretty good, plus it's right by downtown which has great food.

There student union - No idea.

Do TAs teach the classes or do PHds - Not sure but I do know the education is top quality.

The cost of tution, books, rez, food, ect - FREE!

What anation do they pay to undergrad/grad? Not quit sure what that means.

What dose the campus look like? Waterfront and very nice, fairly small aswell but with all the amenities. Great view of Fort Henry, Lake Ontario, St. Larewnce and downtown Kingston.

How far away from home is it? 10 minutes from my house

What kind of scholar ships are there? Bachelor, but with a five year job at the end as an officer

What clubs, events and exartar programs are there? I looked intom this and there's a few that interest me

ect....I love the army

Ya, RMC is definitely the place I want to go, I'm just that kind of person and i really would like a military job for a few years, aswell as becomming a programmer so it seems that there Comp Sci program fits perfectly with my plans. I also will find remorse when I age out of cadets and what better way to cope with it then do it again but even better, the real thing.
1of42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, guess where I'm not going? Lakehead, after that incredibly pathetic "Yale Schmale" ad campaign idea. Just confirms everything I had thought about the place.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1of42 wrote:
"Yale Schmale"

Wasn't that the front page on some fairly recent Time's magazine? Confused
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: