Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Volume Rendering
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:55 pm   Post subject: Volume Rendering

Haven't been around here in a while. Thought since I started programming again that I'd show you guys what I've been up the past couple weeks, which is volume rendering. Mainly it involves the rendering and manipulation of 3d scalar fields like medical scan data or anything defined over a volume (such as a slice of a quaternion fractal).

Controls:

Arrow Keys - Rotate the Camera
Q - Density-Mode (with the Brain focused in on)
W - Surface Mode
E - X-Ray mode
R - Quaternion Fractal

A/S - Raise/Lower the surface threshold (lowering in surface mode will show the face structure then the skin and then a whole lot of static , in fractal it will change some parameters)

D/F - Zoom In/Out

note: this may run quite slow on an older or even a more new machine, ive only tested it on my own

volume.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  volume.rar
 Filesize:  5.55 MB
 Downloaded:  502 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Welcome back! Truly amazing, as all your programs are. Smile The changing of the surface threshold is especially impressive, though I don't really understand what it's doing it's cool to see it go from a head-like shape to a completely decapitated skull. It definately requires a lot of CPU power though.

Hope you post some more of your creations in the future, even if I don't understand their true purpose. Even now, I still sometimes look at your former programs.
Null

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Could you possibly provide the source, or a linux executable? Embarassed
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: