Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 KeyListen (outputs keycodes&keytext)
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool dude wrote:
code:
public class example

Class names should always be capitalized (note: not the same as all-caps). Get into the habit early on and you'll save yourself a lot of grief.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i think you can set up the templates somewhere in options to auto add it .. . but personally i have a file called template.java which has everything needed for a standard gui window and i just edit that each time.

As for the projects... example: i added Main.java and MenuTest.java to a project. I have a method called createMenu (), inside menutest, and im currently coding in main.java.. .this is what i write:

MenuTest.createMenu ();

and if i remember correctly, if you call methods this way, it is static, so method createMenu must be declared static (and all your variable inside createMenu as well).. optionally, you can create a object of the other class.. eg:
MenuTest Menu = new MenuTest ();
then just call Menu.createMenu (); .... but if you use a contructor for your GUI then initializing Menu = new MenuTest (); will open a new window..
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmmm... "createMenu" sounds like something taken from Sun's tutorials.

I strongly urge you to write your own programs from scratch, rather than modifying existing source code. Copy and paste does not contribute to a fundamental understanding of the subject.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[quote="wtd"]Hmmm... "createMenu" sounds like something taken from Sun's tutorials.[quote]

LOL! ... more like it sounds like something from my current program... i didnt copy and paste from anywhere... lol
[code="java"]
//snippet ..
setSize (maxx,maxy); // sets size of window
setTitle ("<Pegged> Level: "+pegLevel.substring(0,(pegLevel.length()-4))); // sets title of the window
setLayout (null); // sets no style, we do it ourselves
setBackground (Color.black); // sets background of the window to black
setMenuBar(Menu.createMenu()); // adds the menubar to the window
// Menu is a object of another file in my project...
[/code]
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: