Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A Question to Waterloo Students...
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
brenn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Algebra and Discrete mathematics is no longer a requirement to get into Engineering... you can now take Biology, Earth and Space Sciences, or Data Management instead :/
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
eklypze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

U of Waterloo doesn't require Discrete Math's to get into Engineering anymore? I was about to apply for it for next semester. Confused If you don't mind me asking, what are the requirements to get into Computer Engineering?
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

all engineering courses have the same requirements at waterloo, it used to be chem, physics, discreet, calc, eng and one more U or M course.. but i dunno about the new change since calc is no longer in the curriculum.. i just finished my 1A of computer science and i can tell you its pretty much a bs term... i learned very little this term academic wise.. just a bit here and there, to sum it up, TAs are gay, CO-OP is awesome, and skipping class is a very very bad idea
Naveg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This is only somewhat related to this thread, but I couldnt think of a better place for it without starting a new one.

With the (hopefully) imminent arrival of the Intel Macs, I am considering making a laptop purchase in the near future. I just wanted to be certain that an Apple computer would be fine for any engineering/math program. Are there any windows only programs i may need once i get to university? Or is a Mac always a sure bet. Note that i currently have my sights on UW (and the intel iBook Very Happy) Thanks.
md

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Since UW is fairly unix oriented, as long as you can run linux apps (and an X server) you should be fine. I'm pretty sure mas can do that too... being unix based as they are Wink
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you use a mac, people will make fun of you.

Linux is the only way to fly.
Naveg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do they not use mathematica or maple or anytihng like that?
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maple. Pretty nifty program, I have to say.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Naveg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

which doesn't work on linux as far as i know....

edit: nevermind. Embarassed

Martin don't you use a Mac? Razz
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

SHHHHHH!!!!!
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

<Nelson> Ha ha! </Nelson>
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea maple is very very cool... i know for math we have to use it, but u dont need it for your laptop, just use the school labs, but im not too sure for engineering, though u'll need mat lab
brenn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eklypze wrote:
U of Waterloo doesn't require Discrete Math's to get into Engineering anymore? I was about to apply for it for next semester. Confused If you don't mind me asking, what are the requirements to get into Computer Engineering?

Please refer to the following webpage:

http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/programs/full_description.php?program=Computer%20Engineering
eklypze

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank you. Smile
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 44 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: