Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 LOL, have you guys ever watched "Zatoichi"???!121!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Lol, Mazer was complaining today because he ONLY got perfect on his game, which is not going to effect his already perfect mark any more. I think we should all pity him...poor little Mazer.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

die nick, perfect is good, are u smoking crack? smyth marks hard for the final
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad thanks for the support guys. anyways, my problem was that everyone was telling me that i would get more than perfect so i was kinda expecting more than perfect. i mean, on the mark sheet it said "100+" and i'm all like "well... 100 plus what?!" so i asked smythe and he said it was just 100 because i already had 100% in compsci.

so the lesson is this:
do REALLY good in class all year
OR
do REALLY good on your FP and half-ass in class

but not both. unless you have ferrara in which case if you don't do everything (which you won't because you'll be bored to tears) you'll fail.

PS: the mark sheet said for the game 70+ and below that it said with preliminary evaluations 100+
now, for the sake of my sanity i'll assume he meant 70 + 100. the second plus was supposed to be + x for which i'll be humble and make x = 0.

therefore, my mark was 70 + 100 + 0 = 170
now in order for me to not be upset again, i'm going to assume the project was out of 70, which gives me a nice little 243%... ah, that's much better Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

243% ? Not bad... not bad at all 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Meaning that if you don't touch it you can hand it in again next year and get perfect for a second time Razz...but Ferrara's trying to get C++, so you might get to do that next year
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

c++? yay! but wait... don't you think ferrara would want to at least learn the basics of turing before starting on c++? Razz

actually, i've been hearing rumours that they're gonna hire another teacher to replace smyth for comp sci. it's probably not likely but when i think of another year with ferarra, this rumour is all that keeps me going.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, I think they're getting Chris (Mr. White's student teacher) in for next year.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya chris is gonna be awsome, he's such a gamer
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well.. I don't think that all the normal kids who don't excel in comp sci will be doing any graphics programming... so they might as well stick with turing.. Mazer i know your bro but i don't think i've ever seen you before. I guess it's too late now..but next year;)
Asok

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol my comp sci teacher didn't give us bonus marks considering me and JSBN aren't allowed to have over 100% for some reason.

anyways, it keeps crashing after I create a new account, I can't play the game, although from the screenshots it looks awesome!

well done!
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

keeps... crashing? noooo! what's the problem?
Asok

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well, when I try to make a new account, I put in the username, then password, and it just hangs. I can't get past that screen.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, are you sure, asok? something i forgot to change i think is that the password has to be more than 4 characters long...

sorry Razz
santabruzer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

noo.. the link is down, and i can't play mazer's amazing evasive manuvers game
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wha? link... oh, the link, i thought you were talking about the legend of zelda for a second there (just kidding i knew exactly what you were talking about)

yeah, i deleted the file because i didn't like to have too many files on the website. not that i didn't have enough room, i just didn't like to look at so many files when i logged in. er, anyways... just use the same link but change .rar to .zip

i think i took down the .rar file because the game is mostly downlaoded from school computers now (i wonder why Rolling Eyes ) and the computers at my school all have winzip instead of winrar. so there, you can downlaod the game but i don't know why you'd want to. i'm starting to learn opengl and stuff now so if you just wait approximately 3.141592653 years, you'd have a better version to play. Wink
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 6 of 10  [ 142 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: