Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 LOL, have you guys ever watched "Zatoichi"???!121!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn this file format is so hard to figure out... Mad...
oh btw, are u planning to make multiplayer mod for this game?!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

homer- ok homer, well done.

tony- so am i, tony, so am i Wink

homer again- you know damn right there will. just not in turing (so yeah... you'll be waiting a "little bit")
born130

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How long did this take u?
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well... the final project was assigned... i think it was april or may (anyone else remember)

so, i'd say it took about 6 or 7 months
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

for those who don't understand, i actually started this project around october (that's before the midterm project was even assigned). it all started when i was boasting about my comp sci l337-ness to a friend who commented that i could never make a better game than a fellow by the name of Rui, who apparently got a really good mark on his project for the previous year. after that, it became a quest to beat his mark. of course, i forgot what mark he got and i was worried people would get bored if i kept asking them what his mark was so i just decided to milk all the bonus marks i could.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya mazer, it was assigned in early april and what did Rui make last year?
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have no idea. i guess that's because i'm bad at math Crying or Very sad

don't understand what i mean? maybe it'd help if i explain the teacher's understanding of sucess in computer science.

being really good at math means you must be really good at computer science
being... not so good at math means you must be a complete dumbass that should burn in hell listening to mr. ferrara talk about how the first computer programmer was a girl and we should all give a damn.

to sum up: i did really bad in grade 9 math (and not so great in grade 10 math... and not much better in grade 11... i have high hopes for next year: finite, enriched calc, and algebra Very Happy ), so instead of my math teacher say something like "nick, i see you're taking computer science next year. you should consider taking grade 11 computer science because i'm really stupid and don't think much." nobody said anything, so i ended up taking grade 10 where we did nothing.

luckily there were the turing websites where i learned all this stuff and ended up being a better comp sci student than some people in grade 11 comp sci. without being good at math. go figure.

er... anyways, i don't know what he made. ther's my story Wink
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

didn't rui make Risk, and apparently he got 50 out of 30 on it.

damn, so wanted to beat his midterm, only got 48 out of 30 though Crying or Very sad
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you guys get way too many bonus points
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well considering what an average compsci student is able to program... I dont think thats enough Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im not saying that it doesnt deserve that compared to the average comp sci student (read: dumbass) but that i wish my teacher gave bonus marks(not one the entire freakin year)
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd agree with Catalyst on this one... our school just doesn't give bonus marks and really the highest mark you could possibly get in a course is like 89 (I did manage to get a 93 in comp sci this year though...) for like science and english and shit... those people who try really hard and do all their homework and study for years for a test and kiss the teachers ass constantly (you know the kind of person I mean...) pretty much the highest mark they get is an 89 and sometimes, if they do some extra ass kissing a 95 ... but never 100's or anything

as far as that idea of math goes... it's somewhat true that if you're not very good at math that you won't be that good at programming... but you can't base anything on marks alone... I never try in any of my courses (cept maybe comp sci, because I enjoy it...) and sometimes I'll get good marks, sometimes I won't... lol the funniest thing is that for like the second half of calculus last semester I didn't do like half the questions on a lot of the tests and still managed to get an 80 in the course, which confused and amused the hell out of me, because in class I would just sit there staring blankly and thinking about how stupid the people were but whatever ... you can't decide how someone will do in one course based on the mark they got in another...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well unless its next level of the course... such as if one got 51% in compsci 10, chances are, they gonna fail compsci 11... the thing is... I dont understand why those people still take compsci 12 Shocked

I'm serious. I got people who cant understand for loops in my grade 12 computer science. Most of them actually.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, all this talk about bonus marks reminds me of my friends mark from gr. 10 comp sci... neone here ever finish with 113% Laughing Laughing
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i would've failed grade 10 compsci cause its so boring
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

and Asian_Sensation, Rui made risk for his midterm, that's why its outta 30???
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 10  [ 142 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: