----------------------------------- Solo Thu May 22, 2003 9:27 am Matrix ----------------------------------- var mainWindow := Window.Open ("graphics:640;400") % Opens Main Window var font := Font.New ("Symbol:7") % Font Variable var fn : int % File Number Variable colorback (black) % Setting backround color cls var screencolor1 : array 0 .. 90, 0 .. 56 of int % Screen Picture 1 var screencolor2 : array 0 .. 90, 0 .. 56 of int % Screen Picture 2 var temp1 : array 1 .. 90 of int % Make sure to not redraw a strand over another one var rand2 : int % Randomize the Strand Placement /* Key Features - Capture Screen Procedure to quickly get the screen for later use. - Easy to make ur own designs - Has Multi-Purpose getscreen procedure that will show anything stored in a file - Ability to switch pictures and have different numbers of pictures show - Pretty much can show any picture that isnt too colorfull or full of dark shades */ %%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Caputre the screen for a later use. This is used to get the screen %%%%%%%%%% proc capturescreen (num : int) open : fn, "screenshot" + intstr (num) + ".txt", put % Opens the file for i : 1 .. maxx - 7 by 7 for x : 1 .. maxy - 7 by 7 put : fn, whatdotcolor (i, x), " " .. % Puts in the File end for put : fn, "" end for end capturescreen /*Here is where you could put the stuff you want to capture to the file.. and you would uncomment the return */ %return % This procedure gets the screen from the file and stores them into arrays for later use % proc getscreen (var input : array 0 .. *, 0 .. * of int, num : int) open : fn, "screenshot" + intstr (num) + ".txt", get % Opens specified file for put for i : 1 .. maxx - 7 by 7 for x : 1 .. maxy - 7 by 7 get : fn, input (i div 7, x div 7) end for end for end getscreen getscreen (screencolor1, 1) % Gets the 2 picture files. getscreen (screencolor2, 2) % Change the 2 here to a 3 to see the difference % This is the main Part of my program. It randomizes and figures out what colors the strands and % each symbol needs to be drawn at and where they need to be drawn process drawstrand (y : int) var newp : int := 0 % Cycles thru the different pictures loop % Loop to keep it going var dela := Rand.Int (100, 500) % Random delay to start at different times var symbol : array 0 .. 90 of int % Keep all the symbols so i can redraw them black var count := 0 delay (dela) % The random delay for decreasing i : maxy - 14 .. 1 by 7 var rand1 := Rand.Int (100, 120) symbol (count) := rand1 if newp mod 2 = 0 then Font.Draw (chr (rand1), y * 7, i, font, screencolor2 (y, i div 7)) % draws the symbol else Font.Draw (chr (rand1), y * 7, i, font, screencolor1 (y, i div 7)) % draws the symbol end if delay (50) % Delay duh.. count += 1 end for count := 0 for decreasing i : maxy - 14 .. 1 by 7 Font.Draw (chr (symbol (count)), y * 7, i, font, black) %clear the symbol with approprite symbol count += 1 delay (50) end for newp += 1 end loop end drawstrand % Temperary random number storage for i : 1 .. 90 temp1 (i) := 0 end for % Main for loop for i : 1 .. 90 loop % Make sure that i dont get the same strand rand2 := Rand.Int (1, 90) % Random strand var safexit := true % checker to see if strand is used for x : 1 .. 90 % check and randomize for loop if temp1 (x) = rand2 then safexit := false end if end for exit when safexit = true end loop temp1 (i) := rand2 fork drawstrand (rand2) % Fork the strand draw end for Just put the textfiles in the same folder :) ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu May 22, 2003 11:19 am ----------------------------------- good shit, +51 bits ----------------------------------- Catalyst Thu May 22, 2003 2:38 pm ----------------------------------- Very Cool man +2 bits (gives u an even 69 :D ) ----------------------------------- Martin Thu May 22, 2003 3:16 pm ----------------------------------- I think it's terrible. Have you considered suicide? ----------------------------------- Solo Thu May 22, 2003 3:21 pm Yes ----------------------------------- Yes, i have, you have just brought up some serious subjects in my life. Tonite i will be cutting my wrists. That is all No, but seriously, me and Darkness go to the same school and we are really good friends, so if we make stupid jokes like this, or he makes fun of me. Its all in good fun. Btw, thanks catalyst.. hey, could you give me some ideas on how to do that without processes? ----------------------------------- Catalyst Thu May 22, 2003 4:23 pm ----------------------------------- make all your varibles in big arrays use records(makes it nicer to code) ----------------------------------- whowho Thu May 22, 2003 4:54 pm ----------------------------------- :D :P who is Na Po ----------------------------------- HeTeRiC Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:26 pm ----------------------------------- That is sick!! I LOVE MATRIX!!!!!!!!! NEO IS THE ULTIMATE!!!!! ----------------------------------- poly Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:49 pm ----------------------------------- that kicks some royal ASS! good job ----------------------------------- thoughtful Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:04 pm ----------------------------------- you should make a screen saver out of that cause its really good. ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:38 pm ----------------------------------- i swear solo has too much time on his hands :P .... Very good job ..... ----------------------------------- Andy Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:47 pm ----------------------------------- solo, you go to massey? whats ur name? ----------------------------------- Mazer Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:02 pm ----------------------------------- it's aleks, and man this is so old... he doesn't even go to these forums any more ----------------------------------- recneps Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:04 pm ----------------------------------- how did you get that sig pic with the spinnin name? it looks just like mazers 3d text thing.. ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:42 pm ----------------------------------- hehe, i made that for him :P EDIT: i actually had a better one, it was pretty much the same except it had a picture of jabba the hutt in the background and it said "Hoh hoh hoh... Solo!" ----------------------------------- recneps Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:53 pm ----------------------------------- lolk, but howd you make it? ----------------------------------- Mazer Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:52 am ----------------------------------- if you mean how i did the picture using the text effect, i'll post up an actual tutorial soon. if you mean how i made the picture with jabba in the background, i did it the same way except i had turing draw the picture before the dots. ----------------------------------- recneps Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:18 pm ----------------------------------- i mean, how did you make it animated gif :) (or whatever format it is) ----------------------------------- Mazer Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:32 pm ----------------------------------- oh.... ok, i wrote the program to animate the spinning, then i just made it save a picture for every frame, and then i got another program (not made by me) that takes a whole bunch of seperate pictures and turns them into one animated gif. i can't remember what it was called though, which is too bad because it was a really good program. it did exactly what it needed too, and didn't have any extra junk. plus it was free, it's amazing how many shitty animated gif creator programs there are that people expect you to pay for. :roll: ----------------------------------- recneps Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:53 pm ----------------------------------- cool :) ----------------------------------- Boarder16 Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:52 pm ----------------------------------- I treid running your code and i go this error message, i don't know what to do.... it is from this line in the code get : fn, input (i div 7, x div 7) ERROR MESSAGE : I/O attempted on unopened stream number -10. Open failed with message 'File "C:\PROGRA~1\Turing\Screenshot1.txt" not found'. ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:50 pm ----------------------------------- need to have the text files also in the same folder as the source code. Then it will work ----------------------------------- DanShadow Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:17 pm ----------------------------------- Error: Attempt to read past eof hmm...why does everybody elses work... :? And all the txt files are in the same folder... ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:02 pm ----------------------------------- add this at the beginning of the loop exit when eof (whatever he named his file) like if I declared fin as the variable that's responsible for my input from textfile, I would do: exit when eof (fin) ----------------------------------- drutherford Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:18 pm Dammmnit i cant get it to work ----------------------------------- hi its my first post :P and i really want to see this matrix ptrogram but cant get it to work. i just had my first class today in grade 10 computer studies on input "Hello" yEAHHHHh FUNNN!! :twisted: anyhow someone hlp me and dont just say put it in folder, in what folde rare you tlaking about. Im a noob. ----------------------------------- pink00rock Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:38 pm ----------------------------------- ahhhhhhhh it won't work for me! lol it gives me some error saying "attempt to read past eof" lol anddddd i'm just a newbie! awwwww.. yeah i was just hoping it would work for me.. guess not lol well ttyl bye ----------------------------------- naoki Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:41 pm ----------------------------------- they're saying put the textfile in the same folder as where you're currently storing your program ----------------------------------- Delta Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:32 pm ----------------------------------- frickin' piece of crap! :evil: this program isn't working! I fixed the attempt to read past file error... but I get a different one ERROR : Process "drawstrand":Variable has no value Highlights : Font.Draw (chr (rand1), y * 7, i, font, screencolor2 (y, i div 7)) % draws the symbol hmmm... I couldn't get it :( some one... anyone.... HELP! ----------------------------------- netninja Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:41 am ----------------------------------- Hmm, why doesnt mine want to work? it says attempt to read past eof... lol what the HELL is that ----------------------------------- Andy Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:44 am ----------------------------------- eof is end of file u have to have ur exit statement as exit when eof(fid) where fid is the var u delcared to get files ----------------------------------- netninja Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:42 am ----------------------------------- Hmm, I dont exactly know how to do what you said. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:39 pm ----------------------------------- If Im not mistaken. He's saying you have to have an exit statement like: exit when eof(fid) fid is the variable you declared to get files, it doesn't have to be fid, just whatevers in the program. ----------------------------------- octopi Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:25 pm ----------------------------------- To get it to work, I had to change the 90's near the bottom to 60's to get it to work for me. There are three 90's...all after the Main Loop comment. ----------------------------------- GUI.GetScrollBarWidth : i Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:41 pm ----------------------------------- wow, that looks so cool. but can i make my own txt files. or does it only work with the 1's put provided ----------------------------------- besart Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:34 pm ----------------------------------- i dont understand, i still get an error ----------------------------------- Tony Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:02 pm ----------------------------------- i dont understand, i still get an error you still get an error? I think there's something wrong with your statement seeing as this is your first post :lol: what kind of error are you getting? :? ----------------------------------- Jodo Yodo Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:27 pm ----------------------------------- I'd give you bits, but I have to hoard them! ----------------------------------- jonos Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:10 pm ----------------------------------- this is old!!! ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:58 pm ----------------------------------- I'd give you bits, but I have to hoard them! quit spamming David. ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:01 am ----------------------------------- yes quit spamming. and its not necessary to bring back up old topics. ----------------------------------- gamer Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:42 pm ----------------------------------- i stil get the error of eof, where do i exactly put exit when eof (fn) ?? or wut else do i put? ----------------------------------- gamer Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:42 pm ----------------------------------- somebody plz help....i relli wanna see the matrix thing ----------------------------------- Prettyjnk Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:17 pm ----------------------------------- how come i can't see it, :( ----------------------------------- r0ssar00 Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:09 am help! ----------------------------------- i have the text files in the right spot, i put the exit when eof (fn) in the right spot, is the arg supposed to be fn, plz take a look at the original code and let me know, also, there will probly be more errors. Why didnt the author iron all of it out first? ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:35 am ----------------------------------- It's been over a year since the original author posted this code. It's been over a year since he's come to this messageboard. He doesn't use turing anymore, nor does he care about this program. Could we all just drop it? It's a little annoying to see people come by every once in a while and dig up this topic to ask Solo a question about it. EDIT: no offense to you r0ssar00 ----------------------------------- zomg Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:49 am ----------------------------------- :oops: ----------------------------------- apomb Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:25 am ----------------------------------- man, did you not read the last post by coutsos? ... he doesnt come here any more, he doesnt care about bits, drop it!