----------------------------------- wthef_wc3 Sat May 28, 2005 7:49 pm Problems loading text from an external .txt file online ----------------------------------- Ok as the subject states i am having trouble having text appear in a dynamic textbox when it is loaded online (geocities). I know the code is right because when i check the movie in publish preview it is all there. but online it is not. the .txt file was in the same directory as the .fla, both on my comp and online (dont worry i loaded the .txt online as well :)) can anyone offer any ideas as to what is going wrong. boxOne = new LoadVars(); boxOne .onLoad = function() { insantboxOne.text = this.content; }; boxOne .load("boxOneData.txt"); stop(); the important properties are as follows: type :dynamic instantname: insantboxOne line type: multiline (selectable)(n/a)(n/a) note *No var was used* any help would be very appreciated. ----------------------------------- [Gandalf] Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:08 pm ----------------------------------- I think you need a mySQL server and program or something of that sort to access the text file online. You can't just upload both to geocities because then whoever inputted something into that file from the flash program would have to log in to your accound, and change it wiht those permissions.