----------------------------------- born130 Mon May 12, 2003 9:28 pm Anyone know how to make a classic button masher Olympic game ----------------------------------- Hey just wondering if anyone knows how to make a button masher Olympic game similar to arcade style. For example: press "a" repeatedly to move character to finish line in 100m. or long jump, get the right angle and button mash. If anyone has code please post. Thanks ----------------------------------- Tony Mon May 12, 2003 9:37 pm ----------------------------------- i suppose you can just run a loop with a getch in it... var y:int := 0 var c:string(1) loop if hasch then getch(c) if c="a" then y += 5 end if end if drawoval(100,y,3,3,red) cls end loop *coughf2cough* - Darkness then when time is up (ether you finished y>=maxy or time is up (use a timer)) then you exit the loop ----------------------------------- Dan Mon May 12, 2003 9:37 pm ----------------------------------- here is a really really really simplified version of what you want to do: var num:int:=0 var key:string(1) loop getch(key) num+=1 put num end loop You can use getch to wait until a key is hit then after that move the object and add to the counter. although there may be a problem in that you could hold down a button. Indented -Darkness ----------------------------------- Dan Mon May 12, 2003 9:38 pm ----------------------------------- dang you bet me to it tony, oh well your ex is better :? ----------------------------------- Martin Tue May 13, 2003 11:34 am ----------------------------------- If you want it to be a button masher, then you would have to do this. var key : array char of boolean var x : int := 10 var buttonDown : boolean := false loop Input.KeyDown (key) if key (KEY_RIGHT_ARROW) then if buttonDown = false then buttonDown := true Draw.FillOval (x, 100, 10, 10, white) x += 10 Draw.FillOval (x, 100, 10, 10, black) end if end if if not key (KEY_RIGHT_ARROW) then buttonDown := false end if end loop ----------------------------------- born130 Tue May 13, 2003 8:46 pm ----------------------------------- Does anyone know how I could stop the clock when one of the racers has crossed the finish line? i.e. it will stop when one of the racers crosses the finish line at point y. Also how would i modify the controls by using two keys and moving through alternate pressings? Thanks ----------------------------------- Dan Tue May 13, 2003 8:57 pm ----------------------------------- Does anyone know how I could stop the clock when one of the racers has crossed the finish line? i.e. it will stop when one of the racers crosses the finish line at point y. do you mean stop a timer you have going or stop the loop? loop code to make guy run and bution stuff exit when y > y postion of finsh line then end loop or loop code to make guy run and bution stuff if y < y postion of finsh line then code for clok/timer to increas end loop ----------------------------------- born130 Tue May 13, 2003 9:07 pm ----------------------------------- Actually what i meant was i wanted to stop the clock that is running to show the time that the racer finished in. i.e. if it took 9906 milliseconds to finish the race, the clock would stop and read that. ----------------------------------- Dan Wed May 14, 2003 3:41 pm ----------------------------------- oic, this is what i whode do. var starttime: int var time: int := 0 %beging of ruing code starttime := Time.Sec loop % code to make guys run and stuff if y < yend then %y is the loaction of the runer %yend if the loaction of the end time := Time.sec - starttime put time end if exit when y > yend end loop put "your time was ", time