----------------------------------- WooFerPPK Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:08 am Shooter help ----------------------------------- im making a program that shoots a > sign to a @ sign, my problem is when > goes past @ it doesnt show. here is my code. i acidently put Y as column and X as row please help BTW, this code is long. % This program i will shoot a > at a @ sign % *Note* Y is column and X is row colorback (black) color (10) cls loop cls % The vars var x, y : int var x2, y2 : int var single : string % This will ask the user if he wants to play single player or not put "Would you like to play single player" get single % if he says no then it will jump to 2 players and user1 will have to type % the coordients if single = "no" then loop put "Please enter the cordents for X, and Y" put "x : X must equal anyware from 1 to 25" get x cls exit when x passed @ when it needs to ----------------------------------- Tony Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:56 am ----------------------------------- Hmm... It might have something to do with compiler. I think that in older versions, the locate is buggy and will erase the rest of the line after the text that was on it. And since the put "@" is after put ">" it might erace the > that you already put after the @ sign. Try getting a newer version of compiler or write your own function inctead of locate() ----------------------------------- Mike Pastah Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:57 am ----------------------------------- lol, i have no idea what's wrong, but that's a cool game.. simple, yet... cool :D ----------------------------------- WooFerPPK Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:42 am ----------------------------------- lol, thanks it took me a while to fiqure that out, btw thats a program u might do to if ur learning the same thing i am.