----------------------------------- marz Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:04 pm simple animation, please help soon! :) ----------------------------------- HI, I'm a very beginner in turing, and I have just finised learning all about loops and if statements, and am now begining to go on to animation...except i am really lost. I just need to know the code for how to get a simple box from the top right of the screen to the top left...nothing fancy. I know that I have to use the Draw.FillBox command, and then i have to redraw it, but i dont understand how still. Please help, thanks! :o ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:08 pm ----------------------------------- for x : 0 .. 640 Draw.FillBox (x, 380, x + 20, 400, 9) delay (10) cls end for ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:12 pm ----------------------------------- as u can see that one flickers very much.... now here' what u have to learn to do animations View.Set("offscreenonly") and View.Update when u put View.Set("offscreenonly") at the beggining of your program the screen doesn't change untill u type View.Update and it helps u reduce the flicker. and this is your program would look like with View.Set("offscreenonly") View.Set ("offscreenonly") for x : 0 .. 640 Draw.FillBox (x, 380, x + 20, 400, 9) %draws the box View.Update %puts it on the screen delay (10) %delys the program for a very very short while so you will have the chance to see the box cls %cleans the screen for a new box to be drawn end for ----------------------------------- Blade Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:30 pm ----------------------------------- hey dude, don't forget that's only with turing 4.x