----------------------------------- Martin Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:28 pm Image Fading ----------------------------------- Anyone know how to fade an image into another image? ----------------------------------- Catalyst Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:50 pm ----------------------------------- yes i do, the pic flashlight in source that i made should help, it has some algorithms for blending colors at a certain % (the algorithms are imbedded in the prog tho) unless you make a prog that precalcs or composes the images for u it might be slow. U could always try with smaller images tho ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:02 pm ----------------------------------- well (0,0,0) is black, right? So you just do RGB what color (or something) for each pixel and reduce its values closer to pure black, keeping the ratios the same though. ----------------------------------- Catalyst Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:03 pm ----------------------------------- he want to fade to another image, not just black (i assume he also doesnt want to fade from the image to black to another image) ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:08 pm ----------------------------------- ah, yes... sorry, I was thinking of something else... but its the same... just gradually move from one RGB value to the next. Find the difference between each of 3 colors, divide that by number of steps you want to take to fade and increase RGB by that each time through the loop. Same as to black really ----------------------------------- Martin Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:53 pm ----------------------------------- Thanks guys, I think I can get this to work...making a crazy menu system for my end of the year project