----------------------------------- mynameisbob Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:17 pm INVADERS '04 (space invaders type game) ----------------------------------- I've been working on this game for about a week now and its nearly finished. The only thing it doesnt have is a story and a proper intro. The game is based on space invaders but there are many differences to the original. The graphics are 100% turing generated... but dont worry i put some effort into them. The point of the game is to defend the Earth from waves of aliens. You have 3 weapons, your pirmary weapon is the blaster and has unlimited ammo. Secodnary weapon is the H-bomb,will kill anything within the blast radius,and ur special weapon is the Ion Canon which can only be fired when it is on the near side of the earth. There are 3 ways u can lose: 1.alien kills u, 2.you crash into the earth, moon or an alien 3.if any piece of land on the earth takes a direct hit from an alien's laser. If the earth is destroyed you can still play but u cant win even if u kill all the aliens. You only have 1 life but your ship has a shield that can take 5 hits before it is gone. Here are the controls: primary weapon=Shift, secondary=CTRL, special=ALT If the game runs too fast press PAGE UP to increase the delay, if it runs too slow press PAGE DOWN to decrease delay. Delay is shown in the corner. That is about it... please post any comments, or ideas. ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:27 pm ----------------------------------- hmm... I want to see this game but.. line 538 : row of 27 is greater than maxrow (24) system's default fonts or something like are unique to system, not app - so max rows/columns differ. Point is - you're better off using Font.Draw where you can control the font type and size OR use variables instead of hardcoded values for locate() and check that such values fit inside the system's maxrow and maxcol ----------------------------------- mynameisbob Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:44 pm ----------------------------------- okay i've fixed the problem and re-uploaded the file, give it another try. ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:06 pm ----------------------------------- nicely done :D some comments : then +/- goes into negatives. That doesn't affect the dalay itself (treats them as 0), but you have to get back to 0 before you can begin to slow down the game if you go down too much on assident or w/e. Hmm... I haven't tested that, but I suspect that you can overflow the integer if you keep on holding down the +/- delay button. also I think the shadow on the moon is on the wrong side. The black dots you draw over the Earth where it was hit are not transparent. Though it might be better off this way, because I don't know how much slower would it be to draw Earth as a picMerge image :? question : how does your weapon cooldown works? Is it just a limit on number of 'bullets' on screen at a time? :? It's acting kind of weird. Otherwise that's an awesome job. +50Bits ----------------------------------- mynameisbob Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:57 pm ----------------------------------- lol..didnt realize the moons shadow was on wrong side :lol: . Well.., the earth is actually already picMerged...How would i make the black dots transparent?? if I did that then you would see the whole earth, unless each time the earth is hit, pic.New the earth and redraw the new image... about the weaopon, you can only shoot five bullets at a time, then u have to let go of the shift key, so its like a semi-automatic gun. is this what u mean by its acting weird or is there something else? thanks for the bits :D ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:08 pm ----------------------------------- I love the fact that you didn't use one picture, that shows dedication and work, not to mention the fact that the art were also pretty good. I liked the rotating moon/satellite. A readme.txt would have been helpful, and I kept on dissappearing out of the screen, because I held the truster too long, should make it such that you you go out of the screen, you can come back on the other side, or something like that. Very nicely done, +50 bits ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:46 pm ----------------------------------- Lovely... Very nice, did u actually draw the picture of the earth at the intro? maybe using pic 2 code ? Very impressive though, I liked how the space ships bounced off the moon (orbiting moon! wow!)... especially during the summer, where we don't get alot of turing stuff anymore, this is great, and Im still waiting for danshadow's online RPG thingy... Im not a mod, but I still have some bits, just to show these mods that they're not the only ones who has bits to give... +51 bits, AHA! :P (its not like Im gonna use them again, who's more generous now mod! ... and admin!) ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:14 am ----------------------------------- wow, this is realy cool. i love all teh difrent acticon going on and the animations for stuff. To bad this was not in the FP contest b4 it was over b/c it whould have been up there for the game play alone. The only problem i had with it is that it is a bit hard but tht is not a realy problem and more that it is 3am and i have no morter contrl right now, lol. Any how u should keep working on this, it could be one of the gr8 games in turing. ----------------------------------- this_guy Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:36 pm ----------------------------------- what in the world is a .rar file? i tried running it and found that it's a winzip file, but it asked me to create something ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:40 pm ----------------------------------- winRAR ----------------------------------- Raugrist Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:33 pm ----------------------------------- My goodness. I just saw this now... it's incredible. It looks very good graphic wise, kind of hard to believe it's all turing graphics. And the lag is tolerable! Brilliant! Congratulations.