----------------------------------- bugzpodder Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:27 pm MasterMInd ----------------------------------- as the name implies ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:58 pm ----------------------------------- i am confused... computer plays? huh? ----------------------------------- Blade Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:01 pm ----------------------------------- me too... i dont know what it really does or is for... :? ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:06 pm ----------------------------------- well its AI. i think i uploaded the old version. i'll upload the new version tomorrow, which has the computer guessing the human's code ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:11 pm ----------------------------------- oh yeah, it makes an optimal (or near optimal) guess such that it leads to a best "worst-case". anyone willing to make a nice GUI for it? i hate GUIs. if you make a nice GUI then you can claim that the project is yours ;) ----------------------------------- Blade Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:30 pm ----------------------------------- lol that wouldnt be really fair to you... would it? ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:45 pm ----------------------------------- lol i dont care. same deal with the tic tac toe one, look in that thread ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:57 pm ----------------------------------- I have updated the zip file to reflect a new version (that I promised almost a year ago) nothing big, now it allows you to manually enter number of correct/incorrect. i also wrote a helper thingy to let it tell you the number of correct/incorrect based on the guess and the answer. ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:54 pm ----------------------------------- thats two years ago, i cant count... lol ----------------------------------- Delos Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:30 pm ----------------------------------- Ah, good ol' Mastermind. The code for solving it seems pretty simple...almost as if it couple have been sped up by some recurssion...who knows. Makes me want to go dig out my old copy of it and start playing again...hehehe. Edit: 2 years eh? That's umm...well, at least you finished what you started! ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:04 am ----------------------------------- lol well, i finished it two years ago, but just didnt bother to post it for one reason or another which i dont remember (although i added the helper thing just yesterday -- i still remember turing... sortof ^.^). i doubt ecursion will speed things up... recursion usually never speed things up. But there's definitely room for speed improvement since i havent exploited much of the symmetry in the first few levels, or used any sort of caching. the simplicity of a piece of code that "solves" mastermind really depends on how exactly you "solve" it. but the point of this program isnt to have a blazingly fast AI that makes guesses, but to show a systematic approach to this game rather than random guessing. hopefully it'll give ppl some insights on what a reasonable guess is. When i looked at the code yesterday after such a long time, I found it quiet interesting. If you are interested in discussing your strategy, i'll be happy to listen and give comments.