----------------------------------- JSBN Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:12 pm Computer Insights Anyone? ----------------------------------- Is any one on the compsci forum going to the computer insights program at UofT this summer?...other then me. It looks like it'll be super fun and i cant wait till monday. it should really kick a$$. for anyone who has no idea what i am talking about, go here: http://www.cdf.toronto.edu/~insights/ And contrary to what the site says, they are no longer taking applications. ----------------------------------- Delos Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:57 pm ----------------------------------- w00t! It's back. Yay. I went there last summer. (So did bugz, if I remember correctly. Though he isn't quite as fond of the experience...) It r0x0rd. For myself, it was one _h-e-double-hockey-sticks_ of an experience...classes? Pray tell, what are those? Object oriented...you mean using GUI? As you might figure, I had a lot to learn. But the TAs were really helpful, and I learnt a tad of Java...not as though I've put that to too much use. Hehe... You get to spent a bunch of time at the UofT campus, get a bit of a tour, meet genius ppl from far reaching corners of the TO vicinity...man...there were some crazy ones last year. One problem...so FEW girls! And I'm *not* just talking from an angst-ridden teen boy's perspective. Why aren't more girls interested in CompSci? I've had a few girls in some of my CompSci classes...and dammit, they weren't half bad at what they did. They were pretty good...what is it...the prospects of entering a male dominated arena...is that even the case?! Sorry...nonsensical rant. Back to matters at hand. If anyone can still apply, and can afford it...go for it! You'll need to get references and such...my CompSci teacher did mine. It's totally worth it. Not only will you have tutorials in [Java/other programming lang], but some (usually) really cool lectures. Though, to be honest...some lectures aren't quite as interesting...hehehehe... Oh yeah...Scavenger Hunt!!!!!