----------------------------------- Dan Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:58 am CompSci.ca V3 ----------------------------------- Ya, it has been awhile for a new poll, but such is life. Any how we are paling on making updates over the summer, what do you whont to see chaged or new to compsci.ca? Post your ideas, coments or anything eletes you have to say about the site. Post the good and the bad we whont to here it all. ----------------------------------- SuperGenius Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:36 am ----------------------------------- I don't think there are too many improvements to be made, but there are some for sure. 1. It would be nice to put the control of the quiz and other content that is supposed to be updated regularly under the control of the mods, and not just the admin so if someone doesnt feel like working on it someone else will. 2. The tutorials could be organized differently I think, because know they are a little bit fractured, if you get my drift. 3. It would be interesting to have a big group of guys working on a large project as a team.. sort of like the dTeam but with more members. ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:09 pm ----------------------------------- Naoki said something about the importance of bits, wanna explain? ----------------------------------- rizzix Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:15 pm ----------------------------------- just wait and see.. ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:18 pm ----------------------------------- Oh great... hope they're not THAT important :roll: the bit crazy thing will come on... and I've already spent my bits on the email :lol: ----------------------------------- the_short1 Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:32 am ----------------------------------- welll if u really wanted i culd guve u half of mine and ide still have enuf for an email :P i voted other: cuz i would like both id ike to see something to be able to use my bits on AND more fun stuff... games...quizs..polls..etc... but realy... having GAMES... that u need to PAY bits to play would be ideal... that way ppl just cant come here to play the games (and kill our bandwidth for nothing)... and also it will promote ppl to be active this way they can play those games and then they will realize compsci kicks ass and stay anyways....... and to get those games.... lets make a Online Game Dev Team.,.. and make em all by scratch! (i have a website with free java games (source codes) or just able to host on ur site.... that we could use... but having all the games made by the comunity would kick ass.... also since a lot of us are moving on to harder languages like java... we will be doing it like nothing.... and a lot of these games we can submit to our teahcers as sumative tasks... MULTI PURPOSE! and then users can play those games and make suggestions to add / fix stuff.and ask how it was done.... and ppl will be like wow... those were made by these kids... not adults.... also these games wont be off topic ... cuz they were made by us... and therefore would be no different then someoen posting their JAVA game in the JAVA section..... except its hosted in such a fashing for ppl to play it without the JRE and if needed.... on that GAMES page... have a pop up so we can get a better server (for the benefit of the whole comunity!) and i will be a member of that team... i will be doing Java next year in school...and i can help with taht!. and we know Dodge _ tomahawk can make that hellicopter game in turing... now someone can just translate it into java... also then the current number of bits in circulation will go down.... cuz common rite now its really insane..... (is their any way to find out how many bits are currently in ciculation?) meh... either way... so thats my idea! what u think!?! PM me if u want that site.... for free java games to host on ur site.. (yea i agree.,... let mods do the polls and comic..and quiz... be ewasier and more every week type of thing...) well now.. .that was a long speach.... dam... ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:21 pm ----------------------------------- O yes, arcade system in which you can challenge each other, and have a high scores, the trophies you get for getting the highest score should be displayed below ur avatar when u post ;p ----------------------------------- the_short1 Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:29 pm ----------------------------------- yea... trophies.... 1st,2nd,and third place winners for each game should get trophies that are in the ITEAMS section. ... since only 1% of compsci users acually have something in there.. . ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:35 pm ----------------------------------- Um... our attachments and messages are still gonna be here when u upgrade right? (I'll have to make backups if it isn't, or if the server is likely to crash and lose all data) ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:01 am ----------------------------------- The updates in compsci.ca v3 are mainly going to be constarted on the site part and not as much the forum part althougth there will be chages to the forum. So all the files will stay intaced some where for shure, the only porblem will be geting to the files. Since we are plaing a new content system all of the posts in tutorials will have to be coverted over to the new system. This could take time but i am prity shure all the files will surive b/c they are not being moved just the links to them. Also we will have to convert some of the submisions as well but there files will be safe as well. I have many back up copys of the site and all files so they are not going any where. And tanks for the input of the poleop who posted. We whould also like ideas on what u think the lay out should be like so if u have any ideas on that like about the color, logo or other imgs plz post. ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:14 am ----------------------------------- I should have a sword. Make a special katana item that only I have. Please. :) ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:57 am ----------------------------------- i like the color blue... and the layout is good.. just maye make all colors 2 shades darker! also with that person who mentionted about teams.. to add to that... let users that have at least 300 posts to 'Request A Team' like... have a link on main page caled 'Teams' on that page... have the cTeam and dTeam in there as official teams.. and under that list all other teams.. and have a link there saying "Create A Team' (only shows if u have 300 +posts) that user can fill out a form,asking team about, purpose, hopefull team members.. that form will be sent to a moderator... and if moderator likes his team idea/ group for team, he can forward to admin to create the team.. uses: the Blitz team, we could request that be made into a team.. shortahir can request a robotics team. if he wanted.. other ppl that have good ideas that need teamwork can make a team.. and have a small page dedicated to them.. and their projects...! just a thought to add to someones sugge4stion... and here is a WICKED site for colors.. http://www.colors4webmasters.com/safecolor/index.htm its handy as hell... specially for forums / css webpages.. ----------------------------------- Amailer Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:26 am ----------------------------------- About the colours, give me 3 shades/colours (HTML code will do). Make sure those colours don't burn the eyes :evil: ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:50 pm ----------------------------------- I don't like the idea of rewarding people for their post count. You can have lots of posts and still be a bad member of the forum. You can have two posts and still be a great asset. The idea is to get people to post relevant, useful stuff, not have them post whatever crap they can to get bits and enough posts to make a team. ----------------------------------- Amailer Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:57 pm ----------------------------------- *** COME ON PEOPLE *** Post 3 colours you would like for v3 (the layout) just think what looks good and post them here ;D ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:08 pm ----------------------------------- mazer - i really doubt someone will stay around long enuf or spend the time to post 300 times Just to make a TEAM..unless they like compsci.ca.. and wed boot them by then if all they did was spam like a crzy bitch...... i know some ppl here are great assets and have low number of posts... but.. the MAJORITY of compsci's 'important users' have over 300 posts (spam + non spam)