----------------------------------- dsantamassino Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:04 pm HTML help please ----------------------------------- Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum!! I need some big help learning HTML. On phpfreaks i have a thread going for 6 pages and still don't understand basic HTML and then i wonder what advanced is going to bring me. Let alone after HTML, i want to get into CSS, PHP, MySQL databases. Might want to get into C/C++.. I have a learning disability so it's hard for me to learn. I was trying to do HTML manual but it's not working for me. I found every tutorial is complicated for me. You name the tutorial and i still can't figure it out. w3schools was confusing, the same with htmlgoodies, the same with lissaexplain and others were all confusing me. My questions is. Where and text editor i need to do my code automatic?? Where can i get free webspace from?? What Graphical Interface that will do my websites and webpages automatic?? What else do i need and what else do i need to know?? I understand that this might not help me learn it but i have no other choice but automatic. I have no money to pay for a tutor or for web programming classes. Thanks everyone. ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:42 pm ----------------------------------- the trick to HTML is to realize that it's a markup language, meaning you're just formating the text to look interesting using . Similar to making text bold, underlined or different size in M$ Word. You learn one tag at a time and see how you can use that to make your text look more interesting. Otherwise you can use drag&drop editors such as Adobe GoLive or M$ FrontPage. One of the more popular free webspace providers will be geocities. They also have a java based drag&drop editor available ----------------------------------- dsantamassino Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:02 pm ----------------------------------- the trick to HTML is to realize that it's a markup language, meaning you're just formating the text to look interesting using . Similar to making text bold, underlined or different size in M$ Word. You learn one tag at a time and see how you can use that to make your text look more interesting. Otherwise you can use drag&drop editors such as Adobe GoLive or M$ FrontPage. One of the more popular free webspace providers will be geocities. They also have a java based drag&drop editor available And that sounds REALLY confusing. I will PM u for tutoring. ----------------------------------- dsantamassino Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:17 pm ----------------------------------- the trick to HTML is to realize that it's a markup language, meaning you're just formating the text to look interesting using . Similar to making text bold, underlined or different size in M$ Word. You learn one tag at a time and see how you can use that to make your text look more interesting. Otherwise you can use drag&drop editors such as Adobe GoLive or M$ FrontPage. One of the more popular free webspace providers will be geocities. They also have a java based drag&drop editor available And that sounds REALLY confusing. I will PM u for tutoring. I can't believe i'm getting no where. Tony doesn't know half what i want to learn. I tried almost everyone and every where. ----------------------------------- Amailer Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:20 pm ----------------------------------- What do you want to learn? How to make a simple site right? Get one of those free sites asian something and you'll get started off from there, then go get M$ frontpage, use that and then you'll start writing your code then.. idk depends ;D Im sure someone can give you to the link to those sites that have everythign preset for you. ----------------------------------- dsantamassino Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:24 pm ----------------------------------- What do you want to learn? How to make a simple site right? Get one of those free sites asian something and you'll get started off from there, then go get M$ frontpage, use that and then you'll start writing your code then.. idk depends ;D I want to learn the following. Everything on HTML Everything on CSS Everything on PHP Everything on MySQL including learning about the SQL databases. Basically i'm asking, can i IM someone to hold me hand and walk me through every step possible?? I'm available nights and weekends in the EST time. Amailer, will u do this in IM?? Please reply back here with yes or no. Thanx.. I have a learning disability so everything someone points to me to read, i won't understand it.. ----------------------------------- Amailer Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:28 pm ----------------------------------- I don't think you'll find anyone to walk you though ever single step unless you pay them :wink: Just buy a book if you can't learn from tutorials, or just start experementing with stuff like Microsoft Front page (M$ Front page). If you don't have the money, you can get it using other methods.... :roll: ----------------------------------- TheZsterBunny Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:59 pm ----------------------------------- why is all Microsoft abbreviates as M$ and not MS? its confusing, why is this being done? -Z ----------------------------------- blackwhite Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:17 pm ----------------------------------- There are hundreds of free hosting sites, but most have banners and if they dont, they barely have any space. Search on Google or any other search for "Free Webspace" and it should come up with a good pile to sieve through. It really depends on what you're planning to make with the free hosting. Make sure the hosting meets your requirements before you sign up.