----------------------------------- Ashkan Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:22 pm My Website ----------------------------------- hey everyone! This is my personal website. ^^ I have actually typed up the whole html and css coding in my site... it is quite obvius from its source that it has not been generated by any program.. Feel free to see how some tricks are done in making those pages since i figured the source is easy to understand.. Also if you have any reviews or questions about how some of the stuff are done, post it here.. =) =P Peace out[/center] ----------------------------------- Amailer Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:26 pm ----------------------------------- That's a good website, your intro (splash) page is great, love the art work. One problem, your intro (splash) page doesn't match the rest of the sites colours, and you may want to change the 'menu' picture to something in the same colour (shiny metal, but a bit smaller, not huge and bulky). Nice work, gj. +10 bitz ----------------------------------- Ashkan Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:40 pm ----------------------------------- I appreciate your critique .. ya i guess your right about the splash page colour.. i will see what i can do to its colour when i finished my examss .. lloll freakin exams.. Thanx alot =) ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:04 am ----------------------------------- nice website, I like it :D you talk about turing, but I did not see a link to compsci.ca :lol: ----------------------------------- Ashkan Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:17 pm ----------------------------------- lloll tony.. well i cant find any link to your logos so that i can put it in my "links" section.. give me the address for one ;) ... ya i made this SOFTWARE in turing lloll well am not into makin games.. i just thought i would try to make a useful program out of this language ;) .. it works quite well.. i will post a message about it in turing section.. Peace out =) ----------------------------------- Tony Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:20 pm ----------------------------------- buttons and whatnot for compsci are found [url=http://www.compsci.ca/mx/index.php?page=31]here ----------------------------------- Ashkan Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:55 am ----------------------------------- There we go now.. i have your link on site http://www.arshakan.ca/links.htm ----------------------------------- Amailer Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:08 am ----------------------------------- Compsci doesn't allow hotlinking (i think that's correct) so dl the image and link it off your site :wink: *hey, what about my site lol, jk* ----------------------------------- Ashkan Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:48 am ----------------------------------- well they gave me the direct link to their logo so it means its allright .. otherwise they would have asked me to run the image from my host.. but i havent seen any place askin ppl to do that lllolll.. its just a logo =) ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:45 pm ----------------------------------- nice page.. wow.... very cool layout... cool effects.... u made that list generator in turing... WOW that lookz GOOD!!! it llookz SO professional.. shit.... u should go software engineering... ----------------------------------- king_boby Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:10 pm ----------------------------------- coooooooooool...... i am reallly behind the times.... man, my teacher should teach us some of this.... ----------------------------------- Ashkan Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:19 pm ----------------------------------- =) thanx guys... yeah.. like i never thought turing would be a language for writing "softwares" but it turned out allright.. although the interface can not be designed user friendly but Ehh.. thats the language they teach in schools.. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:37 pm ----------------------------------- turing is acually a very decent programming language for making text oriented aplications.. examples: markbooks, payrolls, accounting programs.... that sort of things.. its ez to make those programms in turing... in fact ive made payroll and markbook programs.... not fancy... ... but i have..... now if i wanted to spend time id make all input come from feilds like ur List manager..... thats my opinion..... btw: how did u make those vertical lines move at top of screen... that lookz good! ----------------------------------- Ashkan Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:07 am ----------------------------------- Hey the_short1, since we were getting into a talk about turing.. which is kinda off topic in Html section.. i replied to your comment in Turing Submission Section.. we can continue there ;) http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=5535 ----------------------------------- Ashkan Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:01 pm ----------------------------------- o those vertical lines.. its basically a flash animation where a vertical line moves sideways.. and then what you do is.. you make its background transparent in html code and place it over an image so you can only see the lines.. the code to make it transparent is wmode="transparent" and you just make it loop over and over again.. its quite a good trick ;) ----------------------------------- the_short1 Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:57 am ----------------------------------- how tdo u make a loop in html code>>?> .like turing loop put "hah" end loop how would u do that in html??? ----------------------------------- Ashkan Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:08 am ----------------------------------- These are most of the atrributes in HTML which cotrol flash.. you can change true to flase or vice versa < Embed Src="home.swf" Quality="high,low,autolow,autohigh,high,best" ----------------------------------- McKenzie Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:23 pm ----------------------------------- You can't loop in HTML. It is a markup language, it only allows you to change how things look. There are loads of add-ins you can use that have looping ability. Javascript is probably the most obvious. The reason I say this is when you view your source code of a web site you will see the Javascript (well, usually.) ----------------------------------- blackwhite Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:14 pm ----------------------------------- wow, nice site :) I like the colours. Simple yet sophisticated, gj