----------------------------------- greenapplesodaex Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:25 am uninstalling 180search ----------------------------------- or is it search180? i forgot... anyway, i got this thing installed into my computer (dont know how, dont know when). i tried to uninstall it, but the next time i boot up my system and open up ie, 10 180search re-install window will pop up! i clicked no on each and single one of them but it just wont work! next time i boot up my computer, another 10 will come up! who can help me? and hack 180search for me! lol! thanx! ----------------------------------- Blade Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:47 am ----------------------------------- try running a program like adaware or spybot. it may get rid of your problem. oh, and dont forget to update adaware/spybot def'ns ----------------------------------- SuperGenius Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:49 am ----------------------------------- spybot will zap most of that crap, but one time i had a gay search bar in IE that it wouldnt get rid of... another reason to move to linux... ----------------------------------- greenapplesodaex Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:38 pm reply ----------------------------------- holy crap! I have so many spy-crap on my computer! thanx guys! thanx Spy bot! ----------------------------------- greenapplesodaex Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:57 pm reply ----------------------------------- but 180search was not in the list... we'll see next time i boot computer ----------------------------------- Blade Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:11 pm Re: reply ----------------------------------- but 180search was not in the list... we'll see next time i boot computer yeah, just today i ran spybot again, and removed some search180 stuff. but i hadnt noticed it until i restarted my computer and search180 came up saying that a 3rd party removed its files, and asked me if i wanted to reinstall it or remove it completely...