----------------------------------- shorthair Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:19 pm Selling Gmail Accounts ----------------------------------- ( My photos get an upload error ) Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./../bbs/files/gmail.bmp. I have 9 INvites to Gmail , I purchased an account fro mebay , and Now i am elligable to give out 9 more invites to Gmail I have found that Compsci@gmail.com is available and for 5 dollars i am will to give out my invitation so that you can sign up or Compsci can buy this account for 5 dollars and the administration can buy it. WEll whatever you want , i can make Compsci@gmail , incase it gets taken , names are going really fast i couldnt get justin or justinC , so if you want one tell me fast OBO is around to the highest bidder ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:32 pm ----------------------------------- Yes, everyone gather around the unknown guy over the internet and pay him money for a virtual product! ----------------------------------- shorthair Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:34 pm ----------------------------------- i have photos and i will show you all my account details ,look on ebay , and see the m go for 20$ an invite , this is a big thing, getting in now , and if you dont believe me do some research ----------------------------------- Amailer Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:04 pm ----------------------------------- isn't gmail free...? ----------------------------------- Martin Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:39 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah. That's what I thought too... ----------------------------------- Amailer Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:00 am ----------------------------------- A compsci member ripping off compsci members.. :shock: :naughty: ----------------------------------- Catalyst Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:20 am ----------------------------------- gmail is in limited test mode, so the only way in atm is throught invitations distributed by Google directly or through existing testers ----------------------------------- shorthair Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:12 am ----------------------------------- im not ripping anyone off ,and if i tried it would be alll over the site and id be banned , all that for 5$ i dont think so Gmail is in a 3 - 6 month minimum beta , you can only use it if you are invited thats how there spreading it out , 1 person gets 3 invites then they get threee , its a big loop, but what im offering is a chance to get a good email address , cause right now if i wasnted Daniel it would only let me have Daniel4425 or somthing like that IM giving you a chanceto get in the and be one of the First Dont like it DONT BUY IT P.S Message to dan ( cause he dosent check his inbox ) IF you would like ot add 5 megs to my Account il Give you an invite , or just grab you Compsci , for you to have , ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:15 pm ----------------------------------- shorthair : you've got +5MB in your account, go register compsci :lol: ----------------------------------- Catalyst Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:44 pm ----------------------------------- i want an invite :cry: ----------------------------------- shorthair Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:49 pm ----------------------------------- Will Do , Its Being Registered tonight , will post the BMP , when its done Would you prefer i send you thie invitation and you register it , or do you want me to register it ? ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:09 pm ----------------------------------- does it matter who registers it? :? ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:46 pm ----------------------------------- We're paying $20 for an account with an email service that will be free in... what, a few months? ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:26 am ----------------------------------- Will Do , Its Being Registered tonight , will post the BMP , when its done Would you prefer i send you thie invitation and you register it , or do you want me to register it ? you can send me an invitation if you whont :P. i dont know if u will be able to sell many seeing that it will be free soon, but could all ways try ebay for better luck. ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:05 am ----------------------------------- yahoo now gives you 100MB of email space... i am sure thats more than enough for most of you... why bother with GMail ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:12 pm ----------------------------------- Because there are apps out now ,to back up your entire hard drive on to Gmail, Tony i sent you the invitation you should have getten it by now , its at your hotmail account , And also t0 mazer Who mentioned 20$ ??? ----------------------------------- Mazer Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:07 pm ----------------------------------- And also t0 mazer Who mentioned 20$ ??? I'm not sure, it was very dark and I couldn't see who was talking. I didn't recognize the voice either... oh wait: i have photos and i will show you all my account details ,look on ebay , and see the m go for 20$ an invite , this is a big thing, getting in now , and if you dont believe me do some research ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:14 pm ----------------------------------- shorthair : I think that hotmail is threatened by gmail and is blocking invites :lol: cuz I haven't recieved anything :? ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:38 pm ----------------------------------- Well im glad we sorted it out , THe compsci site was Registered , and now Dan & Tony are the proud owners or a 1 gig email, and were one of few sites to have one , About hte 20$ mazer , i thought you were saying ,that i was charging 20$ , i see your point now ----------------------------------- digitalanGel Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:40 pm ----------------------------------- Tony, the Gmail account has been registered for compsci. I know this because I registered it on behalf of shorthair for you. I made the decision to register it, so the name would not get scooped. Shorthair just wanted to send the invite. If you check your MSN messenger you should have a message from shorthair with the password. I know this also, as I watched him type it. I can still log into the compsci Gmail account that was set up for you, so I am assuming you have not got / read the message he sent. If you need the info. again, please say. You will also need to change the account info. ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:22 pm ----------------------------------- thx, I've gotten the info... but I seem to be having trouble logging in. Apparently username/pass boxes are unsecure items and are not displayed in firefox... and the frame displays "page cannot be displayed" in IE :? I'll see if its the same for dan when I get a chance to talk to him ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:58 pm ----------------------------------- Works for me, veray intresting.... I whonder when this serivce will go public. ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:14 am ----------------------------------- 3 - 6 months , minimum ----------------------------------- Paul Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:09 am ----------------------------------- whats the max size file you can send from gmail to gmail? ----------------------------------- Dan Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:47 pm ----------------------------------- last night i tryed to send a 200-500mb file to my self and it alowed it but imy computer crashed b4 it could send all of it. (kind of slow upload.) i will try agen latter to see if u can like upload a 1gb file.... ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:14 am ----------------------------------- LAST CHANCE I HAVE 2 LEFT , first 2 people to PM me wiht there Name : Email : will get hte account , make suer there are no typos bebcause hte invite will go wherever you tell me ----------------------------------- SuperGenius Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:21 am ----------------------------------- I would very much like a gmail account please. Name: Chris (SuperGenius) Email: chris_w_miller@hotmail.com ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:02 pm ----------------------------------- Well super genious is out of the running , becuae he cant read properly , follow the rules and get an account ... Tisk Tisk ----------------------------------- the_short1 Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:03 pm ----------------------------------- catalist... did u still want an invit?? cuz ill be happy to give one to urleetness .. .:) :P ----------------------------------- Catalyst Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:31 am ----------------------------------- lol no im good, i got the invite a while back and now have 18 to give out myself