----------------------------------- sofa_king Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:25 pm Millionaire help...... again (exiting, and lifelines) ----------------------------------- yikes time sure flies. my program is due friday the latest :shock: . damn exams and stuff prevented me from working. Anyways i havent got much far from before but i do have some problems. I will just point them out instead of blabbing: -Im having a bit of troubles with inputting lifelines, ont noe where to start. ince there are three, here i go, you dont have to explain this if you dont want to because i havent started it and it be pretty cheap. - phoning a friend- basically what i want is that when a person chooses this, the computer will be the friend. the chance of the computer getting it right in harder questions is less. - 50/50- basically what im gessing, is that i'll use colorback to blend witht he background. -asking audience- same theory as phoning a freind but i mite hav trouble adding the percentage of what audience thinks. ive decided to hardcode all the questions since i am still not sure how to upload txt files and im not in the mood to learn something new. I'' post questions up to a 1000 so it doesnt take up the whole page. BTW im gonna add more questions to each set eventually- so if you have any concerns about that then thx colorback (black) cls var reply : string (1) %variable to use with getch command var answer : int %the answer that the user inputs var right_answer : int %the right answer var chance : int := 3 %number of chances the user gets var restart:string color (white) locate (11, 27) put "Welcome to the Gameshow:" locate (12, 25) put "WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE!" locate (25, 1) put "Press any key to Start Game:" .. getch (reply) procedure right if answer = right_answer then put "YOU ARE RIGHT!!!" put "Press any key to go to next question" .. getch (reply) elsif chance = 0 then put "You lose the game, press any key to restart:" .. getch (reply) else chance := chance - 1 put "Wrong, you have ", chance, " chances left" put "Press any key to go to next question" .. getch (reply) end if end right procedure onehundred %$100 question cls put "For $100:" put "" put "What is the Capital of Canada?" put "1)Quebec" put "2)Ontario" put "3)Ottawa" put "4)Toronto" put "What will you choose?" .. get answer put "" right_answer := 3 right end onehundred procedure twohundred %$200 question cls put "For $200:" put "" put "What are the three forms of matter?" put "1)Solid, Liquid and Gas" put "2)Solid, Liquid and Air" put "3)Ice, Water and Steam" put "4)Solid, Liquid and plasma" put "What will you choose?" .. get answer put "" right_answer := 1 right end twohundred procedure threehundred %$300 dollar question cls put "For $300:" put "" put "What is the second element in the periodic table" put "1)Hydrogen" put "2)Helium" put "3)Oxygen" put "4)Nitrogen" put "What will you choose?" .. get answer put "" right_answer := 2 right end threehundred procedure fivehundred %$500 dollar question cls put "For $500:" put "" put "What year did confederation for Canada happen?" put "1)1798" put "2)1852" put "3)1867" put "4)1901" put "What will you choose?" .. get answer put "" right_answer := 3 right end fivehundred onehundred twohundred threehundred fivehundred ----------------------------------- sofa_king Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:05 pm ----------------------------------- Well no help :? . dont worry, im starting to get most of them. I have got the phonecall lifeline done, have some bugs on the 50/50 lifeline, and im going to start the audience (i mite need some help in this later). Also a problem that i still have is that i still cant exit when the person gets the question worng >.