----------------------------------- rhomer Mon May 31, 2004 8:31 pm [FP] Snakem 2 ----------------------------------- Here is my Snake Game. Please Enjoy! If you voted worse than VERY GOOD in my poll, please tell me what i can do to make it better. ----------------------------------- Paul Mon May 31, 2004 8:59 pm ----------------------------------- Before u hand it in, (if you haven't already), add a nifty intro and ending screen. Also I don't like the fact that if your moving in one direction and you press the opposite directional button, you die. ----------------------------------- rhomer Mon May 31, 2004 10:29 pm ----------------------------------- I added in a nifty Intro AND ending. ----------------------------------- alikhan Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:16 pm ----------------------------------- i said it just plain sux because the game did not work i got an error sorry dont mean to hurt ur feelings ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:20 pm ----------------------------------- alikhan : you should have posted what error you got, because game works for me ----------------------------------- the_short1 Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:00 pm ----------------------------------- hes right.,.. .. it does have an error!!! in ur intro... u have exit when hasch to stop animation if u press a key.. . well.... hasch just returns true is theirs a char in the keyboard buffer that has not be read.. right afterwords u have it to get the speed well.... for instance i pressed the letter 'e' to end animation... well when u went get speed it already had 'e' in buffer...then i tyoped 5... then the error was.. wrong type becuase get speed returned 'e5' whereass it wanted a int not a string for one why did u go 'noecho' cnat see what u type... not cool!! ok... this is how u fix: to exit animation go: var blah : char if hasch then getch (blah) exit end if this will take that 'character' that u pressed to stop animation, and remove it from keyboard buffer and put it into variable blah then when u get the input from user, that character is not already there! and that will solve problem tony... the only way not to get the error is to hit 'enter' to stop animation... that way there u wont have a text string in front of number! hope that helps also... when i pressed a directional button it din't always move... it was delayed... and that sucked cuz i died cuz of that.. . i press up... it does nothin... i press up again.. nothing... then almost hitting wall now... i press up... o finally it works! maybe put ur character movement in a process so its not delayed like that and it will check for movement 100% of the time... not every ten seconds! ----------------------------------- rhomer Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:11 pm ----------------------------------- Ya sorry about that i didnt notice that...here's it works... ----------------------------------- alikhan Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:02 pm ----------------------------------- the short is right about how the movement is delayed. i did not look over your code so i dont know how you r doing it my suggestion use Input.KeyDown. Sory i did not mention the problem earlier. i shall vote again. no offence taken for the first post i hope. ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:43 pm ----------------------------------- cant get it to work, got stuck on the page when i try to enter the size...