----------------------------------- bryan_magnum Fri May 28, 2004 8:28 pm Spinning box ----------------------------------- How would i be able to make a box in turing and then make it spin in a circle, while spinning it gets bigger until it is the size of the screen? ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Fri May 28, 2004 8:56 pm ----------------------------------- I see 2 ways. Either use Pic.Rotate and Pic.Scale to change and rotate the picture of a box everytime in a loop. (not recommended, because Pic.Scale is really slow, and Pic.Rotate is not accurate) A better way is to keep track of 4 points. Then use whatever math is needed to move those 4 points into their position, and then use drawpolygon. ----------------------------------- bryan_magnum Fri May 28, 2004 9:28 pm ----------------------------------- how would i be able to make the four points spin and move out/ get bigger at the same time? ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Fri May 28, 2004 9:35 pm ----------------------------------- you can represent any coordinate on the Cartesian Plane in polar form. so have a variable call r, and theta. each point could then be represented by (rcos (theta), rsin (theta)), where r is the magnitude of the vector (ie, how far it's from the center) and theta is the angle. so you can have a loop, and increase theta every time, as well as your r. Make sure to start in the center of the screen, and make that your origin. The four points just have a difference in theta of 90.