----------------------------------- Martin Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:46 pm Final Project ----------------------------------- That time of the year has come again to make my end of the year project in computer science, and I need some ideas/inspiration. Anything that you can think of is help, I'm a decent programmer :wink: A few friends and I are making an MMORPG in DirectX and C++, and we need your opinion. Right now, we're leaning towards the first choice on the list. By the way, it's going to be in a fantasy setting, and first person (sorta like Morrowind). As far as unrestricted playerkilling goes, it's not truely "unrestricted." That is, there will be a newbie area where there's no playerkilling and stuff like that. Remember, unrestriced PKing and enforced RP means RP only PK's. Damn that's a lot of acronyms. ----------------------------------- Hurukan Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:09 pm ----------------------------------- Ahh who could resist PKing... cept for my d2 hardcore characters :x :x :x Ive lost too many characters that way, lets hope your game isint HC style ;) ----------------------------------- Martin Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:35 pm ----------------------------------- But what about ideas as far as my final project goes? It's in turing... ----------------------------------- Catalyst Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:40 pm ----------------------------------- make spy hunter ----------------------------------- Martin Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:07 pm ----------------------------------- Nah, too easy ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:26 pm ----------------------------------- something like diablo2... but with an actual storyline/quests + more towns. It doesnt have to be 3D, you can use sprites from some random game. ----------------------------------- Martin Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:19 pm ----------------------------------- I'm starting to lean towards making civilization. The AI for that'll be hard though ----------------------------------- Martin Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:55 pm ----------------------------------- First person to give me an idea that I like gets 50 bitz *duck* ----------------------------------- Asok Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:11 pm ----------------------------------- Make a Turing version of Worms Armegeddon! It's impressive, fun, and can be done with simple trig! ----------------------------------- Martin Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:30 pm ----------------------------------- Hey, I like that ;). Also, I'm thinking of making a clone of my all time favourite game: Master of Magic. Sigh, I miss playing that ... stupid windows xp :(