----------------------------------- kanye_west_owns Tue May 18, 2004 5:26 pm read/write help ----------------------------------- hey guys, i have a question about reading and writing, wen i try to read write, my write works normal, but wen i try to read, it only puts the LAST LINE of the write, meaning the last thing i input in write, it only sees that, but how can i get it to see EVERYTHING, and how can i get write to SAVE EVERYTHING, so for example: WRITE: var shit : string get shit var location : int var employeeRecord : record shit : string (30) end record var fileNo : int open : fileNo, "dude", write write : fileNo, shit READ: var shit : string var employeeRecord : record shit : string (30) end record var fileNo : int open : fileNo, "dude", read read : fileNo, shit put shit if shit = "poop3" or shit = "poop1" then put "SUCCESS" else put "ERRROR" end if THIS ONLY RECOGNIZES THE LAST INPUT FOR shit, but i want it to recognize everything that was inputted as shit, not just the last thing ----------------------------------- Delos Tue May 18, 2004 8:54 pm ----------------------------------- [url=http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=427]Tutorials dude...tutorials!