----------------------------------- Mazer Thu May 13, 2004 3:54 pm Full Metal Alchemist is no longer cool ----------------------------------- Why do I get the idea that this will be very bad? ----------------------------------- jonos Thu May 13, 2004 4:12 pm ----------------------------------- I don't get it. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu May 13, 2004 6:16 pm ----------------------------------- It'd prolly continue to be available even under liscence. ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu May 13, 2004 6:19 pm ----------------------------------- But still, if they translate it they'll crap it up. What are they gonna do to the intro music?! :cry: Though I do find this funny... According to a recent poll published in Animage magazine, the Naruto series is in the top 20 favorite anime series. It is position number 10 to be exact, and only appeared once in six categories as opposed to Full Metal Alchemist (licensed by FUNimation at E3 Convention) that claimed top spot in each of the six categories: Favorite Anime Series, Favorite Episode, Favorite Male Character, Favorite Female Character, Favorite Theme Song, Favorite Seiyuu. This is a Japanese magazine, and thus, it represents the Japanese people's opinion. Suprisingly Naruto is not as popular in Japan as it is in North America and abroad. In my opinion, it should be number 1! The top 10 are as follows: 01. Full Metal Alchemist 02. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 03. Get Backers 04. Saiyuki Reload 05. Uchuu no Stellvia 06. Inuyasha 07. D.C. Da Capo 08. Prince of Tennis 09. Peace Maker Kurogane 10. Naruto Suck on that naruto fans! :P :P :P ----------------------------------- Paul Thu May 13, 2004 6:37 pm ----------------------------------- meh, at least naruto isn't licensed ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu May 13, 2004 7:56 pm ----------------------------------- Did you ever wonder why? :P Well, to be honest it's probably due to the fact that the characters almost constantly use language that sissies over hear would go nuts if their kids heard it. But still, I have to agree that FMA is better. ----------------------------------- Dauntless Thu May 13, 2004 8:08 pm ----------------------------------- Gotta love that "Prince of Tennis", which is the shiznit. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu May 13, 2004 8:21 pm ----------------------------------- What language? All I saw on the subscripts were an occasional stupid, fool, shit, f**k. ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu May 13, 2004 8:50 pm ----------------------------------- There's also asshole, bastard, bitch, mother-fucker, moron and so on. Now, many of these words don't seem like much, but if you watch the same anime here as the age group that naruto targets in Japan, they'd never say things like that. You're also faced with the problem of Sexy no jutsu, and they'd be screwed over once Jiraiya is introduced. What else? Oh yeah, the blood. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu May 13, 2004 8:55 pm ----------------------------------- yea, and I thought no one liked gundam. ----------------------------------- Dan Thu May 13, 2004 9:04 pm ----------------------------------- Another thing bets the dust due to the northarimains need to have everything in eng. It is to bad, i have not seen this one but i know the fealing. They allways seem to find the worst posable poleop to do the voices and take out any good song or traslet till it is no loger a good one. Also you know there are porblems when the fansubs are better then the dub traslations.... ----------------------------------- Mazer Fri May 14, 2004 6:29 am ----------------------------------- Exactly. I think I might kill myself if my little cousin starts watching this. Because that's how you can be sure they've taken a good thing and pissed all over it to sell it in North America. The bastards. ----------------------------------- naoki Fri May 14, 2004 7:54 pm ----------------------------------- yea, and I thought no one liked gundam. Yes. Nobody likes Gundam. That's why there are alternate universes, movies, figures, OVA's, series and live action movies. Because nobody watches Gundam. But seriously though, it's kinda funny looking at that chart and not seeing my personal fave, Trigun on there. Even more disheartening is that new anime POT (yes, funny hearing little kids say that and not mean grass), which is really about very pretty boys playing a very pretty sport. And I seriously thought Bebop would be up there, as would Ghost in the Shell and EVA, considering their cult following and awesome animation ----------------------------------- jonos Fri May 14, 2004 9:33 pm ----------------------------------- Bebop pwns all shiz. ----------------------------------- Mazer Sat May 15, 2004 8:33 am ----------------------------------- Don't be stupid naoki, that was only for the anime series. ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sat May 15, 2004 9:10 am ----------------------------------- what did I tell you? FMA!!!!!!! and GetBackers naoki, GetBackers, those crazy repo man with powers pwns you. ----------------------------------- naoki Sat May 15, 2004 2:50 pm ----------------------------------- I didn't think you'd returned to Windsor so quickly to brag, Azn_S Also, until I see GunGrave and that other funny named series by Madhouse, I'm still sticking with Trigun as my fave. Friggin GetBackers. Those japanese people will make an anime about anything. Playing Go, playing tennis, bounty hunting, repossession, teaching. If they make an anime about answering the telephone I wouldn't be surprised "Hello?" "Do you know who I am?" (protagonist goes wide-eyed, starts sweating "No! I thought I killed you!" "Some people you just can't get rid of! Ha ha ha ha" Purple electricity zaps along the telephone line. The protagonist gets into a stereotypical fury. "I'll phone scam you again! I swear by my dead father!" Red fire burns the telephone line and sets the phone ablaze. ...... ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sat May 15, 2004 2:54 pm ----------------------------------- that's it, for that comment, next time I burn you stuff, I'm filling it with rap battle videos and shoujo anime, along with 100 something episode of Pokemon, DVD quality, 3 episode per disc. get ready to fork over some serious disks naoki. ----------------------------------- Paul Sat May 15, 2004 3:01 pm ----------------------------------- You forgot ppl ripping clothes off of elves. ----------------------------------- greenapplesodaex Sat May 15, 2004 6:01 pm NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~! ----------------------------------- FMA got licensed?! Dear god nooooooooooooooooo~~~~~! why are they so crue?!??!!?!?!? T_T Mommy~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, by the way, I heard that they are gonna show it on cartoon network, english verson of course and I heard it sounds so horroble. Why cant those anime people learn to leave things the way they are!!!?!?!?!?!?? Damn you!!!!! ----------------------------------- greenapplesodaex Sat May 15, 2004 6:09 pm ----------------------------------- Also, until I see GunGrave and that other funny named series by Madhouse, I'm still sticking with Trigun as my fave. ...... Gasp! you like trigun, too?! Trigun use to be my favourite, I even tried to do my hair like Vash. But FMP F is so much funnier, FMA has way more episodes, and the fun never stops! ----------------------------------- greenapplesodaex Sat May 15, 2004 6:31 pm reply ----------------------------------- wait, if this post is about fma got licensed, then y is the title "The return of Hughes?" damn! he changed the title, lol Hey! alchemist is still cool either if it's licensed or not, it's the people who got it licensed, they are not cool anymore. ----------------------------------- Mazer Sun May 16, 2004 6:19 am ----------------------------------- Because you fool, Hughes... he... he went away for a bit. And now that it's been licensed, and will be coming to North America Hughes will come back. "Return" if you will. Problem is, now he'll no doubt sound like an idiot or just rape him of his coolness in some other way. PS: My guess is it was naoki who edited the title. Let's all rape him. ----------------------------------- greenapplesodaex Sun May 16, 2004 8:06 am reply ----------------------------------- i have to agree, that dude is cool! but hing bringing up his daughter's pic once in a while is kinda annoying naoki edited the title? You!... alchemist is still cool! how dare you! i'll alchemy you! ----------------------------------- naoki Sun May 16, 2004 1:32 pm ----------------------------------- Well, Goku's voice was done by somebody (I'm guessing a woman) with a high voice who merely added some friction when she spoke. Naruto's japanese voice is done by a woman as well. In many cases, the young boys are really just women. Dunno why I brought that up, but just wanted to make note that the Jap's aren't that great with their own anime's. I'll bet whoever licenses FMA will either get some recording company in the States, or if they do it in Canada, get that Vancouver-based group who did Inuyasha and DBZ. And unless that group goes for uncut DVD's sold only in specialty stores (no Wal-Mart), expect editted scenes, re-writing the more graphic lines in the story, and all-round sucking going on. ----------------------------------- rizzix Sun May 16, 2004 5:25 pm ----------------------------------- wel.. at lest the jap anime;s are better than the american cartoons.. heh.. it puts them to shame. ----------------------------------- Paul Sun May 16, 2004 5:58 pm ----------------------------------- As long as we are on the subject of anime, can anyone tell me if Yashamaru in Naruto, is woman or man, Gaara's aunt or uncle? ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:13 pm ----------------------------------- Well, I decided to download the first episode of full metal alchemist, and I'd just like to say: wow... ----------------------------------- Pickles Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:59 pm ----------------------------------- Full Metal Alchemist Private Pyle in that? ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:13 am ----------------------------------- i was thinking of watching the Full Metal Alchemist series but when i read the descption it kind of turned me away, the hole thing about them trying to bring back the dead and messing up and losing lims and there hole body in one case seemed a bit.....out there (and this is coming from some one who likes NGE) ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:01 am ----------------------------------- If it helps, they only try bringing back the dead in one episode. He kinda stopped trying after losing his arm and leg... and his brother losing his whole body. But yes, the Homunculus thing seems pretty stupid. Well, I think everything seems stupid when you go to an Anime message board and see the things people talk about. ----------------------------------- naoki Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:05 pm ----------------------------------- As long as we are on the subject of anime, can anyone tell me if Yashamaru in Naruto, is woman or man, Gaara's aunt or uncle? I think Yasha is a guy, although they're pretty damn ambiguous with the voice, the costume and the appearance. Keep in mind, Yasha could be another Haku, where it's very misleading until the end ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:18 pm ----------------------------------- It's funny that you guys actually care. If this "Yashamaru" is who I think it is (based on the "Garra's aunt or uncle" part), then what's the point? Isn't he/she there for only a flashback or two? Edit: PS, I rest my case. :wink: ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:16 pm ----------------------------------- btw, for people that still wants to watch FMA even though it's licensed, here is the link that have the torrents for new episodes. http://spoon.animeleech.com:8080/ ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:19 pm ----------------------------------- bittorrent goes slower for me than kazaa... which sometimes goes at like 1kb/s ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:58 pm ----------------------------------- it is all about emule now :twisted: try out that php client or atleast one that conectes to a few more networks. ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:14 am ----------------------------------- it is all about emule now :twisted: Is emule the same as edonkey? Sort of like the whole Morpheus/Kazaa thing way back when. I've had some bad experiences with ed2k... slow ass downloads (even though there were lots of people with the file) and corrupted files. ----------------------------------- Martin Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:46 pm ----------------------------------- Mazer no!!!! I can't believe you are watching anime...there are so many better things out there...like stabbing yourself repeatedly in the eye with a pencil. ----------------------------------- Mazer Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:57 pm ----------------------------------- Darkness, you sound so surprised... I've been watching anime since... well, almost forever. Naruto is cool because cool people watch it. Besides, if there is any stabbing going on it will be done by me to my stupid-retard-manager using a rusting-greasy-spatula to the face, [url=http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=040504]Black Mage style. EDIT: and don't judge me, you're the one who gave up on Linux! ----------------------------------- Dan Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:19 pm ----------------------------------- it is all about emule now :twisted: Is emule the same as edonkey? Sort of like the whole Morpheus/Kazaa thing way back when. I've had some bad experiences with ed2k... slow ass downloads (even though there were lots of people with the file) and corrupted files. it is not the same but it dose use the edonkey network. i like it, but can be slow for poleop who do not like to share anything :roll: oh and anime owns all!!!!! ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:09 pm ----------------------------------- This is a Japanese magazine, and thus, it represents the Japanese people's opinion. Suprisingly Naruto is not as popular in Japan as it is in North America and abroad. In my opinion, it should be number 1! Whats he talking about. Naruto isnt popular in North America ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:45 pm ----------------------------------- it is, with 10 year old fanboys and fangirls whose screen names for MSN/forums are sasuke_l0ver125 and iLoVeSaSuKe251. they should all die repeated deaths. btw, coolest Naruto character has to be TenTen, because she is so useless. The tree stump that Rock Lee kicks got more airtime than her. ----------------------------------- rizzix Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:23 pm ----------------------------------- heh so true :lol: my fav character is rock lee!! heh.. damn he beats them all. i mean you can't get cooler then that heh. ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:11 pm ----------------------------------- The only good episodes involved Rock vs Garaa (ps, if your counter strike name is Garaa, you deserve to be TKed) or Zabuza. Incidently, the coolest character is actually Zabuza. He's a good guy once he stops trying to kill you. ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:44 pm ----------------------------------- (ps, if your counter strike name is Garaa, you deserve to be TKed) Lol, especially if you play on de_dust, then it would be Garaa of the Desert. Though I'd say my favorite character is Haku, I mean, she is the one of the better character designs. Noticed I said she, because I refuse to believe that Haku could ever be a guy. just look at the picture...... http://members.lycos.co.uk/asiansensation8733/haku.jpg ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:22 am ----------------------------------- Yum. :wink: ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:22 pm ----------------------------------- full metal alchemist is ending at episode 51, I think episode 49 just came out :x wow, i can't believe I watched every episode up to now, its like the first time I've ever done so ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:18 pm ----------------------------------- Have they brought Hughes back to life yet? ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:54 pm ----------------------------------- no.... ----------------------------------- templest Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:36 pm ----------------------------------- Have they brought Hughes back to life yet? no.... :rofl: ----------------------------------- Mazer Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:40 pm ----------------------------------- Then this topic serves no purpose. Feel free to send me a PM when either Brigadier General Maes Hughes or Zabuza are brought back to life somehow. ----------------------------------- rizzix Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:44 pm ----------------------------------- this is not an american tale u know... sometime good people die too... thats why its soo exciting... u'd never know what happens next. ----------------------------------- Mazer Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:49 pm ----------------------------------- this is not an american tale u know... I still find it strange that none of the names in FMA are at all Asian. sometime good people die too... thats why its soo exciting... u'd never know what happens next. I know that. I just think some stupid people should die as well. And it'd be hilarious if the cool ones did come back. ----------------------------------- templest Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:18 pm ----------------------------------- And it'd be hilarious if the cool ones did come back. This happened faaaaar too often in DB - DBZ - DBGT. It gets annoying. :? With the show, eventually you came to expect the good guys to die; then it became a matter of "when they would die" and "how are they going to revive them?". ----------------------------------- rizzix Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:47 pm ----------------------------------- hey i didn't write that.. it was mazer *sigh* ----------------------------------- templest Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:42 pm ----------------------------------- roffle, I hit "QUOTE" on Mazer's post and deleted the wrong tag from it. :lol:, problem solved. ;) ----------------------------------- rizzix Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:12 pm ----------------------------------- Just watched eps. 50.... *SPOILER WARNING* Ed Dies.. this is soo damn intersting.. so highly unpredictable.. the best anime ever... imho man nothing beats this anime.. but it would suck if.... they bring him back to life again.. i mean an anime is great if they at the least respect the notion of death ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:40 am ----------------------------------- YAY! YAYAYAYAYAY! :D Sorry, I liked FMA, but sometimes the main characters in animes tend to piss me off. In this case, I agree with your second comment rizzix. Have you read Flame of Recca? I think it would have been much better if Yanagi stayed as a flame spirit and Recca was tormented for the rest of his life because he couldn't save her (nothing against Recca). Well, time to start downloading FMA again. I think the last time I watched was about 39 or so. :D ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:19 pm ----------------------------------- They bring him back to life? I watched 50 and I didn't see that happening. ----------------------------------- rizzix Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:25 pm ----------------------------------- but it would suck if.... ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:50 pm ----------------------------------- Paul, you totally killed rizzix's spoiler warning. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:40 pm ----------------------------------- him could mean anyone, Ed, Wrath, or the Crimson Alchemist ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:59 pm ----------------------------------- But now they know somebody dies. Wait--are you saying Wrath dies?! NOoooo.... (I can't even remember which one wrath was...) ----------------------------------- rizzix Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:21 pm ----------------------------------- Paul, you totally killed rizzix's spoiler warning. him could mean anyone, Ed, Wrath, or the Crimson Alchemist ok fine fine but u have to take into consideration other peoples posts.. look at the context.. its easy to figure out who and what happens.. *SPOILER WARNING* YAY! YAYAYAYAYAY! Very Happy Sorry, I liked FMA, but sometimes the main characters in animes tend to piss me off.They bring him back to life? ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:00 pm ----------------------------------- I saw the last ep, it was ok, HE brought him back, and then HE dissappeared. That guy wounded him, but he is still alive. He brought back HIM, not quite the way HE was, but still..., and then he... dissappears... from HERE. SHE gets eaten... but I think the last ep was oriented to promote the movie. ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:25 am ----------------------------------- Aw, damnit, I was worried that would happen. And what's this about movie? That can't be a good thing... /me goes and downloads episode 39 I'm catching up! ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:46 pm ----------------------------------- FMA movie, summer of 2005... ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:19 pm ----------------------------------- A documentary on Brigadier General Maes Hughes' life? Sounds good to me. ----------------------------------- rizzix Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:54 pm ----------------------------------- watched 51.. wow.. nice ending.. although... ed is brought back to life! but it had a nice little twists here and there.. but i'm not sure what the hell happend to dante/gluttony.. either one of them has died.. they do not ellaborate.. in anycase... ed's a rocket scientist.. wahaha... sent to the other parallel universe (our world:space-time)... and Al has forgotten everything from the time they tried to transmute their mother.. but apprently he's the only person to successfully do a human transmutation(he transmutated ed)... wonder if he knows that.. anyhow ed/al had to sacrafice their relationship.. and were separated into different universes.. pfft.. and as i said al's forgotten everything including the advance alchemy he had studied.. but luckly ed hasn't.. and the series ends with the two brothers now on a new mission to search a path/way back to each other.. oh and another thing.. ed has lost his ability to do alchemy... he believes a rocket will get him back home.... haha.. in any case.. can't wait for the movie cuz the seiries it self was soo darn cool! ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:04 pm ----------------------------------- yea... when I read goddard, I was like... what? but I hear there's gonna be an episode 52 or something, for a sequel >_< I think its a lie.