----------------------------------- TheLostSoul Thu May 13, 2004 8:12 am About Keyboard Use... ----------------------------------- I Know How To Do The Whole (KEY_UP_ARROW) And Such...And I Am Messing Around In Computer Class To Make A Little Modified Etch-And-Sketch :P Anyhow, I Was Wondering If There Is A Way To Clear The Screen, Like...If The User Presses The Key 'A' Or Something....Any Help On This Would Be Apreciated. If I Posted This In The Wrong Spot, Sorry...Just Don't Have Much Time Of Class Left Today And I Was In A Panic And Very Confused Lol. ----------------------------------- Tony Thu May 13, 2004 8:21 am ----------------------------------- var c:string(1) if hasch then getch(c) if c="a" then cls end if end if stick that into a loop somewhere ----------------------------------- gamer Thu May 13, 2004 11:10 pm Why "char (variable)" does not work? ----------------------------------- Hi all. I have got a question is ask. There is a lot of games out there which allow players to set their own controls. I myself have tried doing that too: var x,y,go:int:=1 var up :string var char :array char of boolean if *someting* then up :='w' elsif *something* then up:=KEY_UP_ARROW end if loop cls drawfillbox (x,y,x+50,y+50,black) if char (up) then x:=x+go end if end loop My problem is, I get this error saying someting like "array subscipt out range" for this line "if char (up) then". However, when I altered it abit simply to "if char ('w') then" or "if char (KEY_UP_ARROW) then", this worked perfectly fine. Does anyone know why the first situation does not work? I really need to know this because I am planning to use variables to store the players control. Thankyou. ----------------------------------- Mazer Fri May 14, 2004 6:24 am Re: Why "char (variable)" does not work? ----------------------------------- var char :array char of boolean I didn't read the whole thing, but there's one problem at least. You want to name your variable something else. Call it "chars" or "key" or something. Also you didn't call Input.KeyDown. ----------------------------------- gamer Fri May 14, 2004 10:25 am ----------------------------------- ok yea my mistake cuz i was busy and gtg reli soon fine now make it var chars:array char of boolean n add Input.KeyDown(chars) so my main problem is, how come i cant use a variable for the chars...like chars (up) doesnt work, while ONLY chars ('w') works....y is that? ----------------------------------- Tony Fri May 14, 2004 1:06 pm ----------------------------------- because up is not a letter... if you look closely, it is two letters :lol: hah, anyways... KEY_UP_ARROW is a constant for up arrow's ASCII value. So to use that with char array you'd have to use chr(up)